Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
Spectral_Force
Accepted Solution

BDP-S590 A Network Error has Occurred All Internet options

Greetings, 

I am hoping some one here can help me.  I have a Sony BDP-S590 I bought earlier this year.  I've had it connected through wifi for my netflix viewing.  Today when I tried to load Netflix, or any other internet application, I keep getting "A network error has occured.  Do you want to set the Internet settings?"  This worked as of last night when I went to sleep.

I've googled to try and find a solution to this but to no avail.  I have turned off the player and unplugged for 5+ minutes.  I have set all settings back to factory default, cleared all network settings and have reestablished  a connection with my router.  I have rebooted my modem, my router, my player, everything but my computer.

When running the diagnostic through the blu-ray player, it says everything is fine.  I can connect to my router, so the player tells me as the wireless connection is ok as is the internet connection.  I have a 100% signal strength, it tells me the SSID, both wireless and internet connection are listed as ok.  DNS is set to auto.

Under system information:

Software Version: M12.R.0494

MAC Address (Wireless Lan) 00:a0:96:fb:c5: a8

Device ID: B0:00:01:30:96:2E

LINK Connection Status: Succeeded

Current IP Address: 192.168.0.101

Provisioning Server Connection Status: Failed

This has been working the whole time with my router.  I've tried both the wireless and the wired connections and get the same error.  I am not sure what else to try.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
pczerner

Re: BDP-S590 A Network Error has Occurred All Internet options

Same problem here, but I have the BDP-BX510. Maybe Sony servers are down?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
amyjoyce1018

I'm getting the exact same message, and have the exact same problem. I have a Sony BDPS3100 Blu Ray. 

Error occurs with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Pandora etc. I've reset my network settings, run network diagnotics, rebooted my router. 

It also just started today, at about 4:00 p.m. MST

Sony® Model:BDPS3100

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Wyomom

Same message on mine and it is a SMP N100 media player.  I hope they figure it out soon, I get one night a week free to watch tv and it won't work, it is really annoying.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
juniorlax16

I'm having the same issue. I run the network settings, and I'm told that I am connected to the Internet with no issues. I reset the unit to factory default, and my unit is up to date (received the unit Tuesday). None of the internet apps, including the browser, will connect. No other device is having difficulty connecting. I have the S5100. I will comment on every thread that has posts today in the hopes someone has something helpful to say.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Lesa

Same problem with my BDP-S390.  Has Sony not sent anything out at all about this?  I just spent 45 minutes resetting and cussing at the thing before I found this thread.  Totally aggravating.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
fogley

oh thank goodness, mine has decided not to work as well happy to see it wasn't my eight year old that broke it. just keeps saying a network error has occured. tryed rebooting everything nothing has worked.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
medusamad

We are having the same issue. I'm thinking it must be something on Sony's end as everything was working fine this morning. Nothing like the having the kids running around like banshees while you try to fix it so they can watch their evening show. Ended up watching on the tablet.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jvann

We're having the same problem here. We have two Sony Blu Ray streaming players, model BDP-BX59. Both have the same error message. And our network is fine, 18 other devices are connected with no hiccups for them. The player even tests that the network is fine, then gives the misleading error message when attempting to connect to each service (Netflix, Vudu, Amazon). So appears to be a Sony server issue, looks like it must go through the Sony servers rather than directly to each service. Ugh. 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
crystalmdavis76

Same here.  Just tried to turn on Netflix for the first time today at 7:30pm CDT.  I am having the same network errors as you are all describing.

Please use plain text.