Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 16 (479 Views)

Re: BDP-S6500 Ridiculously Impossible Connectivity

Nothing seems to work, not a good Sony product.

Message 12 of 16 (415 Views)

Hi Dollarbill19,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

How can we help you with your unit?

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 16 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the exact same problem. All I am trying to do is update the bluray player. I can not get it to connct to the internet. I spent hours yesterday trying everything everyone has said to try and none of it is working. I will not reconfigure my router. i should not have to. This should be a product that is essentially plug and play. Nothing else that I have ever connected to my internet has ever given me a problem until this Sony product. This is ridiculous! I have done the 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 thing and the other numbers that have been suggested. None of it is working. I need a fix for this or I am done. I have already wasted too much time on something that should have taken less than 2 minutes to connect, like every other thing I have connected to the internet!

Rookie
Message 14 of 16 (224 Views)

I feel your pain!  I also tried all ths suggested steps to connect to the internet and nothing works. I had to hard wire the player an it still lags and the whole unit freezes up to the point that it has to be rebooted. Not a good product, SONY let me down. No more SONY Products for me.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 16 (205 Views)

[ Edited ]

And now, to add insult to injury, I just figured out through my useless search for a fix for this problem with connecting to the internet, that I can't even play 4K blurays on this thing. Really? I guess I ignorantly thought that because it was 4K upscaler, that it would also play 4K blurays. Wow, what a complete waste of money this thIng was. Bye-bye Sony! I had an issue with a Panasonic item almost 20 years ago and got terrible customer service after a DVR recorder went out in less than 2 weeks of when I bought it. I vowed then that there would never be a Panasonic item in my house. I have lived up to my word. I guess now Samsung will be getting my business. Sad!

It would be nice if electronic companies would not assume that everyone knows all of the "lingo". As I read throughout the internet, I see I am not the only one that saw 4K on the box and thought this thing played 4k discs. I admit that was my fault for not researching the difference between 4k upscaler and 4k player. But maybe you could help those of us out that are not experts with all of the verbiage and put something on the box like "this bluray player does NOT play actual 4k discs. It attempts to make discs that are not 4k look more like a 4k picture on your TV if you have a 4k TV."

Rookie
Message 16 of 16 (192 Views)

You are absolutly right about 4K upscaling. If you purchase a 4K bluray player the best way to get a great 4K picture is to get both a TV and bluray player with HDR (High Dynamic Range). I personally dont see much of a difference in picture quality from 1080p - 4K  TV without HDR. HDR does make a noticeable difference. 4K bluray players usually sell for about $300. If you can, Google 4k TV with HDR for an explaination of how it works with a compatible 4K bluray player with HDR.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook