Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8 (808 Views)

BDP-S6700 video and sound out of sync

I just set up my Blu Ray player and the picture quality is very nice but there is a lag on the sound (and quite a big lag at that).

I am set up only using an hdmi cord and just replaced an older Sony player that was working fine to simply upgrade quality.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 8 (798 Views)

Re: BDP-S6700 video and sound out of sync

Sad to say that I tried the support chat and it was of NO help.  After doing multiple resets of the player I was told the problem had to be my wifi connection and I would have to do a manual connection to solve the problem?!?!!?  That makes not since and when I asked what would cause it, I was told that my connection must be to weak???  Again, makes no sense as I had just upgraded an older Sony player (that was working without issue, I just wanted to upgrade to 4K), I can use my smart tv with NO problem streaming, and I am using a wifi computer with no internet issues.   None of that make any sense to why the delay would be because of weak internet signal but only causing issue with this one player and nothing else.  My point is, I no longer need the information as I am going to return this and get a different brand.  Sony is usually my preferred electronics brand, but things are starting to slip in both quality and support.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8 (790 Views)

Last update in case anybody else has this issue and is searching for answers.

After being told I had to contact my network provider to get info to do a manual connect to my wifi, I decided to play around with the sound setting to see if I could have any luck.

The first option under the sound setting was for Digital Audio Output and it was set to Auto from factory.  I changed it to PCM instead and all problems are gone.  Sound and video are now perfecly in sync.

Hopefully this can help somebody else and there is no way that I can be the only person out there using an hdmi cord that had no idea to go change any factory settings.  There really does need to be improvement to the support system.  The chat support is a fabulous feature, but only as far as it is helpful.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 8 (721 Views)

I notice that nobody has given a response of solution except for my own, but I have to say that this fix was only temporary.

The following morning when I turned the player on, it started fine and connected to Amazon movie but then went black.  None of the remote buttons worked nor the power and dvd button on the player.  I had to unplug it in order to get anything back.  When it powered back on, everything worked but the sound and video was out of sync again.  I checked the button I had done the night before and it was still set where I had left it.  At this point, I am finished playing with it and am going to buy something other then Sony now.  Hopefully anyone with the same issue has better luck then I did.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 8 (658 Views)

@triciagalexande:

So far I have not seen this sync problem, playing from BD or streaming via youtube app.  In the off-chance you still have your BDP-S6700, can we get in touch via phone, to go through the setups together?

OTOH, if you got a replacement, would you post what you got? [I share the problems you and others have posted, about the web apps on the Home menu way too cluttered) and the lack of web browser (despite specs showing a browser).]

Thanks,
-John

Highlighted
Message 6 of 8 (657 Views)

Hi Triciagalexande,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We are sorry to hear about what happened. This issue is related to a power interruption.
Did you try to reset the connection of your Blu-ray player to the television?

If not, you can follow the steps below to perform a power reset on a Blu-ray player and TV.

1. Turn off the Blu-ray player and TV
2. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
3. Disconnect the HDMI connection
4. Let the Blu-ray player and television remain without power for 10 minutes.
5. Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.
6. Turn on the Blu-ray player and TV.
7. Re-connect the HDMI cable to the TV.

If the issue still persists, you can check the

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (544 Views)

I got it fixed a couple of times but it kept happening again.  It also froze up on me a couple off times, so I just returned it.

Thanks for the help

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 8 (542 Views)

I did return it and went ahead and took the plunge for the newer Samsung M9500... I watched a lot of youtube reviews between the Sony x800 and the Samsung M9500, but the new app setup on the Samsung was what pushed me. It is done across the bottom of the screen AND has instant access to things like Netflix and Youtube. The app feature was the reason I went Samsung over Sony. If they would stop pushing the apps we don't want in front on the home screen, I would have gotten the newer Sony x800. Oh well

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook