Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 7 (1,061 Views)

BDPS7200 freezes while streaming.

I am having issues with streaming Netflix, Amazon, Sony you name it. After an hour or so the player stops responding to remote commands and will not poweer off. The only solution is to unplug the unit.  This is the second Sony bluray player with the same issue. I have tried updating the firmware but it has the current version. Anyone else have this issue?

Message 2 of 7 (1,034 Views)

Re: BDPS7200 freezes while streaming.

Hello Rickker, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on a Blu-ray® Disc player or Network Media Player:

1. Turn the Blu-ray Disc player on and make sure the correct video input is selected on the TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Blu-ray Disc player remote.
3. Once the menu is displayed, press the Left arrow button on the remote and navigate to Setup.
4. On Setup, use the Down arrow button and go to Resetting and press the Enter button.
5. Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.
6. Go through each of the two options if you desire to completely restore the Blu-ray Disc player.

Hopefully this post helps you. 

Rookie
Message 3 of 7 (985 Views)

I did the factory reset per instructions and have watched about three hours of Netflix and Amazon without any issues. It will take a little more up time for me to say the problem is solved as it did not do it all the time, about 50%. I will update this message stream when I have had a little more time to test. Thanks for the input.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (864 Views)

After doing the factory reset the bluray unit is still freezing, this time with Amazon. It seems less frequent than before but it still has the same problem! Any further idesas from sony support?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 7 (357 Views)

I replaced my Samsung blue ray with sony in December. Over the last 2 weeks, I have had to factory reset 2-3 times a night. I stream all of our television, and this is a horrible inconvenience. It is annoying to connect to wifi, and then have to log on to every app. Of course the issue begins after the 90 day return window. I bought the Sony based on a good recommendation from a friend. I am replacing it with a second Firestick. We have had absolutely not problems with the firestick on the other tv. I am horribly disappointed that I wasted my money on this. guess I will donate it to someplace that needs a DVD/blueray player only.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 7 (330 Views)

I can understand that you are frustrated but sometimes it can be your wifi connection or the internet connection which gives you problem. Try contacting Sony Customer Service. They will help you out. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 7 (310 Views)

It is not the wi-fi. I connected 3 other devices and they stream perfectly on this 2nd television. The only device that has a problem is the blueray.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook