Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 2 (1,381 Views)

BDV E2100 Netflix subtitles out of sync

Hello all,

I just bought a Sony BDV-E2100 BluRay player 2 days ago, and everything works fine except Netflix. First of all the app is pretty slow, it takes almost 2 seconds before it responds to any input from the remote control. Also when a stream finishes loading and starts playing it takes like 15 seconds before the loading screen dissapears and i can actually see the stream, but I can hear the sound already. 

But the biggest problem is that the subtitles are out of sync. No matter what movie I try, they are just always at least one second delayed. So it's pretty unwatchable. I've contacted Netflix about this problem, and we came to the conclusion the bluray player is running a very old Netflix SDK. Version 4.0.5, while it should be running at least 4.0.6. 

I already tried factory resetting the player, rebooting my home network, reloaded the internet apps multiple times, the player is running the latest firmware. Netflix told me I had to contact Sony on how to update the Netflix app on the device to a newer SDK. 

So how do I update the app? I hope not wit a firmware update, because the last update for this device was in 2014 and I'm not sure it will ever be updated again by Sony. So if anyone can help me out, that would be very nice.

Message 2 of 2 (1,327 Views)

Re: BDV E2100 Netflix subtitles out of sync

Hi Gfhoihoi72,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further information and assistance, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook