Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 7 (3,825 Views)
Accepted Solution

Blu-Ray Player BDP-S3700 Connects to Wi-Fi but not Internet

Okay, so yesterday I switched my Time Warner Cable's router/modem TC8717T combination to a Motorola MB7220 Modem and an ASUS TM-AC1900 Router. Immediately following the switch my BDP-S3700 Sony Blu-Ray Player will not connect to the internet. I have re-entered the wireless settings many times and each time it successfully connects, but it will not connect to the Internet. It says the Wireless is OK but that the Internet connection has failed. I tested both IPv4 and IPv6 connections via the network diagnostic tool in the settings of the player and both failed. None of the other devices on the network have had any difficulty accessing the Wi-Fi or the Internet, including the sites that the Blu-Ray Player is trying to access like Netflix and Amazon. I have tried resetting the Blu-Ray Player settings as well as the router DNS settings, using Open DNS, Google and the ISP default. Nothing has worked. I have looked into other things like potential DCHP issues and Internet Connection type but can't find anything else that might be a problem.

The Blu-Ray player worked fine with the old setup but going back to it isn't really an option. Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Message 2 of 7 (3,793 Views)

Re: Blu-Ray Player BDP-S3700 Connects to Wi-Fi but not Internet

Hi Emmett1701,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear that the unit is not working properly. You may check this link out for troubleshooting steps:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32902/p/47329,47564,95997/c/65,66/kw/network%20

For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/ 

Regards,
~Ralph

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 7 (3,613 Views)

After giving up, waiting a while and then coming back and starting it up again it now works for whatever reason. Thank you anyways.
Rookie
Message 4 of 7 (3,395 Views)

Same issue here just 6 days later in NYC.... Connections okay, internet ok... player connected... I'll wait and see.

Rookie
Message 5 of 7 (3,364 Views)

So after 10 minutes without doing anything, I re-tried and all is well. Thank you to the person who said that it was a Sony network server issue... There was definitely nothing wrong on my end...
Rookie
Message 6 of 7 (2,081 Views)

We're having the same issue with our BluRay player. It's been going on for over a WEEK now. It's connected to the internet, but when I click on Netflix of Youtube or any of the video apps, it hangs on "Connecting to internet video service... (1/3)" for several minutes then says "Connect status cannot be confirmed. The process timed out because the server could not be accessed. The network might not be set up correctly. Do you want to set the Internet settings?"

The internet settings are fine. Plus BOTH BluRay players (same make and models) are doing this.

We've tried refreshing everything and cycling all of the equipment. There's no updates to download. I suspect there's a problem with SONY's servers, not my internet set-up.

We've been patient, giving it over a week for Sony to resolve the issue. But still no dice. This is extremely disappionting since this is the primary way we use Netflix and Amazon (both services we are now paying for without being able to use).

Any advice?

Message 7 of 7 (1,507 Views)

Hi Haveahiddles,

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. This error is related to the network settings which the Internet Service Provider (ISP) need changes. To resolve this issue, you may follow the guidelines how to fix this problem from this link: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37724.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook