Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
kjf04005
Accepted Solution

Blu Ray won't connect to network

I have a blu ray player that was able to connect to the internet the first time I installed it. Now it sees my wireless network but cannot connect to it. All my other devices in my house connect fine. Wired connection works fine but we need a wireless connection. I have tried resetting network settings to factory setting but it hasn't helped. I was able to connect to other networks that are not password protected but not connected to the internet. Why did it work before but not now when nothing has changed?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Blu Ray won't connect to network

Hello kjf04005.
Welcome to Sony Community and thank you for your post.

You can follow the steps mentioned on the below link and check if it helps in resolving this issue.
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1018338

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MDayne

I am having the same problem.  My Sony DVD was working fine, then one day just didn't want to connect to my wireless network.  I screwed around with it for an hour or so and then just gave up.  In my experience when this happens with electronic devices that are more than a year old or so, it is just better to throw them out and get newer technology that actually works.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MDayne

I did all that and the DVD player still doesn't work.  My solution; throw out the Sony DVD player and get a different brand that actually works the way it is supposed to.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
presidnt

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
presidnt

Please use plain text.