Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
dgreengrass
Accepted Solution

Can't sign in to youtube videos with my gmail ID and password on Sony BDPS590 blue ray player

Trying to sign into youtube on my Sony BDPS590 Blue ray player.

I've entered my proper gmail email ID with the right password many times and it says not able to find.

What could be wrong?

Could there be some password letters,#s that don't register correctly on this player setup?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Re: Can't sign in to youtube videos with my gmail ID and password on Sony BDPS590 blue ray player

Hello Dan,

You cannot log in to a YouTube account on the Blu-ray Player unless the account has the Username and Channel setup settings have been completed using a computer.

1. Using a computer, go to the YouTube website.
  2. Click on Upload.
  3. Sign in to your YouTube account using your Gmail Email or YouTube User name and Password.
  4. Follow the steps to set up a YouTube Username and Channel.
  5. Click on Next.

After following the steps above, attempt to log on to the YouTube account using the Player.

Please mark it as "Accepted Solution" if you find this information useful.

Regards,

Colby

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jeridoo

Re: Can't sign in to youtube videos with my gmail ID and password on Sony BDPS590 blue ray player

Dear Moderator,

As of today, Wednesday the 10th of April, about 22.00 hours EST hundreds, perhaps thousands of Sony BD Players cannot sign into youtube app anymore. Google Questions and Yahoo Questions is loading up with confused people. None of the youtube account people try work. It gives the same error message as the one use stated above. It seems to the community that something went wrong with the "gateway" connecting Sony BD players with youtube. 

I hope you guys get right at it.

Cheers

Guido

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vickiveil

yes I am having the same problem - although today is 4/18/2013. I had problems last week and then all of a sudden, I was able to get on to Youtube using the Sony Bluray - now, a week later, its happening again. Whats going on?

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
L3prichaun13

Yea, I went to use the youtube app and it told me it was unable to sign me in as of 4/16/2013 and its still an issue now.... I Hope they get this fixed. At the very least I hope when I get a dongle for my tv that my youtube on my tv doesn't have this same issue although I assume it will since they are all probably hitting the same server regardless of what type of device is using the app.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
millsy200

I am having the exact same issue, logins fine on PC, will not accept user name and password on player. It says check your entries and try again. Only noticed this problem today, havent had a problem before this. PLEASE FIX, youtube otherwise runs fine but cannot sign in.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
bfitzhugh

BDP-S390 Here expierencing the same issue as those recently are expierencing.  No username, email address, or password combination allows me to sign into the YouTube app.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jeridoo

Yes, I posted last week and the next day it worked. As of today...same problem again. Sony...it's on your side... please fix it!!!!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
bfitzhugh

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and they are working on a resolution. Unfortunately, we do not have the ETA and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.