Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 1 (184 Views)

Cluttered Home screen Apps menus: How to control "My Apps"?

[ Edited ]

We have s BDP-S5100, -S6500 and -S6700.  In the latter two, there is a clutter of Home screen apps (which does not exist in the BDP-S5100):  Although the Home screen is initially clean, after that initial app download (from the first online access), the Home sceen has a 3x3 block of "Featured Apps" icons on the left side, and a 2x5 block of "My Apps" icons on the right side, above a row of icons for the built-in functions (disc, USB, Miracast). 

I understand that a lot of third-parties pay Sony a royalty to be included, so for legal/financial reasons, the "Featured Apps" (which are scrollable to include all of the apps downloaded) may not be a feature that can be fixed.  But why can't the block of "My Apps" really be MY apps? -- that is, the apps I select?  It is, after all, possible to ADD to "My Apps" from the downloaded apps library.  So how do I DELETE apps from "My Apps" to get the set that I want, and none that I don't want?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook