Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

New Contributor
USER-946621

Connecting to XBox 360S

Hi all, I m planning to buy a TV(HX850) and a Blu-ray(BDV-E690) Home theatre system. Before that I have XBOX 360S which has Optical Out and HDMI out, both TV and Home Theatre Systems has HDMI IN/Out. I want to know how to hook up these systems, so that I can get the proper video output to TV and digital surround sound through the home theatre systems from my XBOX, and what are the cables needed for that. Please help me getting a clear picture here.

Thanks in Advance.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
USER-911508

Re: Connecting to XBox 360S

All you should need is HDMI.
The layout on the BDV-E690 looks like you don't have HDMI inputs so you will need to run the X-Box to the TV and use the ARC from the TV to the HTIB. Just make sure you match the HDMI connectors marked ARC on the TV and the HTIB.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-946621

> All you should need is HDMI.
> The layout on the BDV-E690 looks like you don't have HDMI inputs so you will need
> to run the X-Box to the TV and use the ARC from the TV to the HTIB. Just make sure
> you match the HDMI connectors marked ARC on the TV and the HTIB.

Thanks for the Reply.

I got few more doubts. I am completely new to this stuff.
1. What are the cables required?
2. If I get a Optical Cable, can I use the that to connect from XBOX-> HTIB to get true Surround and use HDMI to for XBOX ->TV for the Video?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
USER-911508

All you should need is HDMI. ARC (audio return channel) carries audio from the TV to the HTIB (BDV-E690) via HDMI. Connect the HTIB to the TV via HDMI using the jack marked ARC on the TV (typically HDMI1).
Connect the X-Box via HDMI to one of the other HDMI inputs on the TV. Audio travels to the TV on the HDMI and back to the HTIB on HDMI.
Optical has bandwidth limitations. It can't handle DTS Master Audio or Dolby True HD.
You might need to reset some items in your X-Box if you have been using it optical.
If you do encounter problems it's best to give Sony support a call.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-946621

Thanks for the clarifications, and one final question.

If I do as u said, will I be able to get the Video output from the HTIB to TV without any additional Connections?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
USER-911508

Correct.
Hope it all works well for you.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-946621

Thank you man:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.