Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'

Does anyone know how to stream from their mac laptop via a Sony Blue Ray player?

I have both a Sony TV and Sony Blue Ray player and have not had issues with either since I purchased them both about 3 years ago.  I keep hearing I need to replace the player but it to works fine except for it just recently 'stopped' finding the server connection.  Comcast says it is Sony and not them, even though I had a series of internet/server connection failures all at the same time.  My WIFI works great and I don't think it is my modem or my router, like Comcast keeps saying.  Any thoughts or ideas on the most efficient set up are welcomed!  I am really missing my streaming of Pandora when working and just being at home with music in the back ground.  Not to menton really missing steaming videos/mys shows from Netflix from the TV! 

Top 40 Artist

Re: Does anyone know how to stream from their mac laptop via a Sony Blue Ray player?

For us to better assist you with your concern, please provide the model number of the Sony TV and Sony Blu-ray player that you have. 

Also, please provide more information about the issue. Are you trying to stream music / video from you computer through the media server or from the Sony BD player or TV directly? Please provide the error message, if there's any.

Groovin'

Re: Does anyone know how to stream from their mac laptop via a Sony Blue Ray player?

Well that is okay, I don't need to at this point. Since my Sony Blue Ray player no longer allows me to stream as mentioned in another article I am back to the darks ages of hooking my TV to my mac via the correct adapter I picked up yesterday from and local Apple store.  So for $29.95 I am now able to stream movies via my laptop to my TV.  Not he best picture even though I have monkied with the pixels and got this to work as best I can not to mention I did have to go in and adjust the audio settings on my laptop to pick up the sound from the TV.  

BYW its a BDP S380, remote RMT S109A, and in the other article I posted I described the lenghty steps I have gone thru as suggsted by a variety of web sites about the blue ray player simply no longer allowing the applications to work at all.

You can close this one out.

Top 40 Artist

Please refer to this link to check for updates regarding the issue that you are having with your unit.