Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 12 (5,102 Views)

Dolby Vision for X 800

Hopefully people will be vocal about the demand for the X 800 to get a firmware update which allows for Dolby Vision.  As a member of various A/V forums I see many people waiting to make a decision on a UHD player to see if this will happen.

Currently the only 2 I'm looking at are the Oppo and LG but if you announce DV I'm in.  I know many others feel the same way.  

I'm in the market for a new TV as well and in fact the only reason I'm leaning towards the 940e is because of the announcement of DV. 

It's defintiely something many people are looking for when making a decision.  You have the chance to capitalize on this with the X 800!

Rookie
Message 2 of 12 (4,911 Views)

Re: Dolby Vision for X 800

[ Edited ]

Hi. I as well would like to hear more info about how Sony will support Dolby Vision (DV) and which products will support it. It sounds like many other TV and Audio video companies (LG, VUDU, Netflix, etc...) are now offering support for Dolby Vision products. I wish Sony would let customers know more info about their Dolby Vision plans.

I was looking to purchase a new TV recently, and the lack of information available from Sony and Sony support reps about new Dolby Vision technology support is discouraging and makes me question buying a new Sony TV when it might not support Dolby Vision. I have used the Sony Chat function two separate times and have been given two different answers with regards to Sony TVs supporting Dolby Vision. One rep said only 3 of the 2017 tv models will support Dolby vision with a firmware download and one rep said nothing is "officially" announced and Sony does not want to give customers false expectations.

This is unfortunate.

Please let customers know about your Dolby Vision plans Sony and don't keep customers in the dark!

Apprentice
Message 3 of 12 (4,881 Views)

Count me in as another Sony products user asking for Sony to add Dolby Vision support to the X800/X1000ES players. Currently my TV is the Sony W900A but I as well am looking to upgrade to either the Sony A1E or the X930E primarily for Dolby Vision. If Sony has no plans to add the DV support to the X800 (which I currently own) then I will purchase the OPPO 205 and sell off the Sony to recover some of my cost. 

As a member of the A/V Fourms I can also account for many new X800 owners who are hoping for the DV support to be added, and countless others who are still on the fence on which NEW UHD player to purchase that are looking at the X800 but also want a player that will support Dolby Vision as well. IMO it just makes smart business sence that if your going to add DV support for the A1E, Z9, X930E, and X940E (X1E Processor) that you would also add the support to the X800/X1000E as Sony has already stated that the players can support it. 

Thank you,

Rookie
Message 4 of 12 (4,819 Views)

+1 for Dolby Vision support...

Apprentice
Message 5 of 12 (4,776 Views)

It's time to step it up Sony!!

With the latest firmware, Oppo's UDP-203 and UDP-205 become the first consumer Ultra HD Blu-ray players capable of playing discs that feature Dolby Vision HDR.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 6 of 12 (3,677 Views)

Count me in as another Sony products user asking for Sony to add Dolby Vision support to the X800 player. My Sony XBR-65A1E is also waiting for a Dolby Vision upgrade.....

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 12 (3,521 Views)

here is another long time Sony customer raising his hand to say "I am ready to buy a Sony 4k player - BUT - support for DV is a must - either out of the box or guaranteed in an upcoming firmware update!

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 12 (2,980 Views)

Re: Dolby Vision for the UBP-X 800

I was very disappointed that the new firmware revision did not include a Dolbyvision update. What seems to be the problem? Thus far no one from Sony has responded to these queries. It would seem that a company that has Dolbyvision built into it's topoof the line Oled and LED tv's would include it with their 2 UHD 4K players. Especially since the more expensive one (UBP-

x1000) sells for $100 more than the Oppo 203 that has had the Dolbyvision Update.

Tell us if it is or isn't being done, If it is being done when will we get it and make sure the Apps are updated for Vudu and Netflix if necessary for downloads, If you are a licensed provider for  the TV's does that license hold for the players. If it can't be implemented

it seems ****** that the players were put out that way since your software division is supposedly putting out titles withe Dolbyvision implementation,

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 12 (1,586 Views)

I am chaining Sony devices from BluRay player (x800) to soundbar (ht-st5000) to TV (x900e) and I would love for DolbyVision to find its way down that pipeline.  Add full support for DTS codecs in the ht-st5000 and I'm a very happy camper.  Currently I feel like I'm missing out on things that other customers managed to get with a different chain of devices.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 12 (1,209 Views)

Any update on Dolby vision firmware update ? I just got the x800 and would love DV or I just might sell my t.v. and get something that supports DV

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook