Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4 (167 Views)

HT-RT3 - No Sound when playing Blu-Ray

Hi All, needing some help with this as this issue has me stumped,

My gear is:

BDPS6700 Blu Ray player with 4K Upscale

KD-55X8500C 2015 Android 4K TV

HT-RT3 Sound Bar (5.1 Surround)

The soundbar generally works well, can hear the 5.1 doing its thing if I watch a TV channel with 5.1 encoding.

I run into an issue when I am playing a blu-ray movie, when I start a disc all the beginning stuff works but soon as it hits the main movie the sound stops and I have to run the sound through the TV.

The setup is Blu Ray player -> (HDMI) -> TV -> (HDMI) Sound Bar.

I have got the latest firmware running on everything, I have updated the TV to use "enhanced" hdmi on the port the blu-ray player is connected to.

I've tried a few things on the TV like setting the Digital output to AUTO 1 and 2, even tried on the blu-ray player getting it to convert DTS to dolby digital with no luck.

Has anyone got any ideas or able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

Re: HT-RT3 - No Sound when playing Blu-Ray

Hi Shadownz,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We're sorry to hear that your having sound issues. You may try to do a power reset on all devices by unplugging it from the power outlet for about 1 min and replugging it back. You may also want to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cables.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/locale-selector?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Regards,
~Ralph

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

HI Ralph,

I have given this a try but no luck, still no sound when a blu-ray is playing.
I'll give the Asia Pacific office an e-mail and see if they have any ideas

Thanks.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4 (111 Views)

Ok I think we have solved the problem so for the benefit of others here are my findings:

The HT-RT3 can't handle DTS. It seems to be ok with Dolby Digital however.

To get the sound going I had to change the digital output over the ARC to "PCM". I need to do some more testing on this as I have a feeling my 5.1 setup has just become a 2.1 setup, depending on if the TV can send a 5.1 uncompressed signal over the HDMI.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook