Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Help! How do I add apps to Blu-ray/DVD player?

BDP-S270 - how do I add apps? I would like to add Yahoo news and weather, but do not see how to do this!! Thanks in advance.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help! How do I add apps to Blu-ray/DVD player?

Thank you for your post.
It is not possible to add additional streaming content providers to the list that was included with the unit.
Tuning Up

I don't understand. When I first purchased my Sony BDP-S270 dvd/blueray player, it only had a few apps available. The last time I updated via the devices update choice, it added many apps. If Sony can add apps vias an update, why can't the owner of the product? How would I go about updating or requesting an update? Seems to me that if Sony wanted us to continue purchasing Sony products, they would give the Owner of the product the same ability. If I have to purchase another unit just to get the apps I want, you can bet it will never be another Sony product. Thank you.

Hi dsuperdave,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Adding or downloading an application is not available with Sony Blu-ray player. You can only use the factory pre-loaded apps. Additional features will only be availabe through software updates. Let me forward your feedback to the proper department, as we always place a very high value on feedback from our customers because it allows us to continue to improve.

Thanks!

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"