Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 11 (68,141 Views)

Help! How do I add apps to Blu-ray/DVD player?

BDP-S270 - how do I add apps? I would like to add Yahoo news and weather, but do not see how to do this!! Thanks in advance.
Trusted Contributor
Message 2 of 11 (68,142 Views)

Re: Help! How do I add apps to Blu-ray/DVD player?

Thank you for your post.
It is not possible to add additional streaming content providers to the list that was included with the unit.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 11 (32,622 Views)

I don't understand. When I first purchased my Sony BDP-S270 dvd/blueray player, it only had a few apps available. The last time I updated via the devices update choice, it added many apps. If Sony can add apps vias an update, why can't the owner of the product? How would I go about updating or requesting an update? Seems to me that if Sony wanted us to continue purchasing Sony products, they would give the Owner of the product the same ability. If I have to purchase another unit just to get the apps I want, you can bet it will never be another Sony product. Thank you.

Message 4 of 11 (31,995 Views)

Hi dsuperdave,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Adding or downloading an application is not available with Sony Blu-ray player. You can only use the factory pre-loaded apps. Additional features will only be availabe through software updates. Let me forward your feedback to the proper department, as we always place a very high value on feedback from our customers because it allows us to continue to improve.

Thanks!

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 11 (28,220 Views)

It seems a shame that I have no personal control over what I purchase even though Sony can add apps at thier discression. This is a form of censorship by Sony, didn't Microsoft get in trouble for doing that exact same thing and it cost them a ton. Surely there's something Sony can do or offer those of us who are stuck with this particular censoring product.

Rookie
Message 6 of 11 (6,870 Views)

Do not buy Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Man FrustratedMan Sad

Roku is the one to buy.

How do we make Sony add app to Blu-ray/DVD player??????????????

Message 7 of 11 (6,463 Views)

Hi Abramsfd,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Installing additional applications for your SONY BluRay/DVD player is not possible. However, to enjoy more apps using your BluRay player, you may want to use OperaTV Store.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

^Ron

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 11 (6,424 Views)

So your basically saying, there's nothing "I" the owner can do but sit there and take what I got or spend more money to make the item functional by adding aditional Sony Products? WOW, I'm done and I will personally tell my customers and contacts to avoid all Sony Products. Ws, the consumer, being so insignificant to Sony, will barely if any have an impact on Sony sales, but at least I will be informing the public of your tactics and hopefully saved them the headache of owning a Sony product. Hows that Galaxy 7 holding up by the way? I've got weinies and marshmellows awaiting the big blaze. Good luck and Sorry that Sony is so short-sighted in its marketing techniques.

Message 9 of 11 (5,797 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Dsuperdave,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

We do apologize for the confusion. If you are referring to the post of my colleague RonC, the "Store" in the "Opera TV Store" does not mean that you need to purchase additional apps, its developer just decided to name it that way. The applications in that app are free, and some can be downloaded for free but require monthly subscriptions. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

-Mark

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 10 of 11 (4,605 Views)

What would it take to get Sony to add support for the FandangoNow app then? Many streaming devices already have this.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook