Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
rplemieux85

How do I get rid of an ever present black out bar at the top of the screen when using my BDV-T79?

I have a BDV-T79 blue ray home theater up & running and the only thing, so far, I can't acheive is how to get a constant black out bar to go away from the top of my screen. It states "HDMI 1" on the upper left and "dolby digital 2.0ch 48kHz 384 Kbps" on the upper right.

If anyone knows which button makes this disappear I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ray

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: How do I get rid of an ever present black out bar at the top of the screen when using my BDV-T79

Hi Ray,

Welcome to Sony Community!

This is the playback information and it will differ depending on the disc type and system status. You can make this information disappear by pressing the DISPLAY button on supplied remote of the Home Theater System.

You can set “Auto Display” option under System Settings to OFF, so that this information will not be displayed automatically and will be displayed only when DISPLAY button is pressed.

Information about “Auto Display” option is mentioned on page#46 of the instructions manual and steps to select “System Settings” are mentioned on page#42.

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/BDVN790W_T79.pdf

However, I would also suggest that you check for any such DISPLAY option available in your TV menu.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted solution".

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.