Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 14 (345 Views)

Re: Hulu and YouTube failing to stay open

I have done all these and still continue to have errors. The specific messgae says something like application too large closing applicaiton....at least with hulu. not sure about youtube as I do not use that service. Is this a sony issue or Hulu issu?

Rookie
Message 12 of 14 (262 Views)

I have the same model and the exact same issue. Also sometimes when Hulu closes and it returns to home screen my player has reset. I have to reconnect to the internet, reset up the homepage, and log back in to all apps like Hulu and Netflix. I've been through everything with Hulu and they say its on Sonys end. When I talk to Sony they tell me to factory reset and everything already said on here and none of it works. Sony basically said I'm SOL. So I spent over $100 for a brand new player from them that constantly messes up and they won't even try to fix it.
Rookie
Message 13 of 14 (250 Views)

I was finally able to get through to HUlu support and apparently m,ost sony Blu-Ray devices are no longer supported by Hulu. Hulu recommended getting a Roku device for around $30 to support streaming services and use the sony device just for Netflix DVD and Blue Ray Rentals. 

Of course sony still advertises their devices will stream Hulu.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 14 (209 Views)

I have had my Blu-Ray for about 4 years. Around Feb 2017 is when my issue with Hulu started. I started with the lag, then the return to home screen, then the application to big. I test the internet connection and it's good. It's not Hulu either. It's the product. Now Sony's own app crackle would not even open and play. It's not the internet connection as I have had several successful speed tests. It's not the coaxial cable or HDMI cable. It's the product. It's sad it has only lasted 4 years. Sony used to make quality products. Since 2014 the quality of their products has slipped. I am going out get get either a Samsung or LG tomorrow.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook