Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 9 (1,230 Views)

Hulu connection timeout using Sony Blu-ray BDP-S570

Beginning on 7/28/17 I started getting a timeout on connecting to Hulu Plus. I have no problem with Netflix, Crackle, etc. I tried turning on and off my modem and Blu-ray device for more than a minute many times. Searching for some kind answer on Hulu support I read the minimum for download speed for general streaming was 1.5 Mbps and for HD it was 3 Mbps. It looks like my speed, when using some app, is 2.38 Mbps. However, I have not had issues until yesterday. So I am wondering if there is anything specific to my Blu-ray player that is going on or I can try.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 9 (1,200 Views)

Re: Hulu connection timeout using Sony Blu-ray BDP-S570

I'm having the same problem with my BDP-S570, and it probably started at about the same time, because it was fine last weekend. 

So it's probably not you. 

I hope there's a fix soon. 

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 9 (1,163 Views)

Same problem, started 7/27/17.  Cannot connect to Hulu, but Netflix and Amazon work fine.  Turned off power for 1 minute.  It still just spins and spins.  Anyone else have a fix?

Rookie
Message 4 of 9 (1,084 Views)

As all of the above posts, I am having the same issue as well!!!  I have spoken to Hulu multiple times, I have ran their "general trouble shoot" suggestions and I get nothing!!  Netflix and Amazon work great!!  I was thinking it was Hulu's issues and have been getting rather angry at them, but now I see it has to be something going on with Sony and they need to do something about it.

I was told, in speaking to someone at Hulu, that these are older models that are not accepting updates from Hulu, because I sent them a picture of what I see when I use to be able to get into the app and they told me it was not what I was supposed to be seeing. 

So sony needs to be doing some MAJOR updates/repairs on these models immediately so we can start using our machines properly again!!!  My  issue started around the same time as all of your's did.

Rookie
Message 5 of 9 (1,120 Views)

Same with mine. Netflix and amazon work fine but Hulu just gives a network error message. Have talked to both Hulu and Sony multiple times and not getting anywhere. All updates have run through so at my wits end.
Rookie
Message 6 of 9 (1,076 Views)

Same problem, Same Time of outage.  Called Hulu and they say it's the Sony Blue Ray players that aren't working.  No time frame for a fix,  there solution was 2 weeks of no service for free and then ??????.  Loved Hulu vs. Netflix but at least Netflix is still working as are all others.  I can't believe they don't have someone to hold responsible for this and better yet to fix it!  They seem to be in denial.  I'll give them another few days and then discontinue, maybe they'll get the message then.

Rookie
Message 7 of 9 (1,084 Views)

I tried to post to this board yesterday but I guess it went somewhere else.  I am having the same issue, started around the same time as everyone else.

I contacted Hulu and went through all of their suggested fixes, but nothing worked!  They even told me that when I can get into the app, what I see is not the right information.  Apparently these bluray players are too old to accept any fixes, updates etc. from Hulu.

Sony needs to be the ones to get on this and update these machines with some kind of fix, so it will allow us to use Hulu again.  I am not sure if anyone has contacted Sony, but Hulu can't do anything about what is happening.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 9 (844 Views)

I posted this issue here as I seemed to end up at Sony Community when trying to contact Sony about it. When I read has anyone tried contacting Sony I decided to try again. This time I was able to get into a chat session.  I was told that both Sony and Hulu were aware of the issue and were working together to come up with a solution. So now I guess it's a wait and see situation. At least now I know how to contact them so if this takes a long time, I can ask what's going on.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 9 (517 Views)

Hey! I tried it today and it is working for me again! I hope that means it is working for others now too.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook