Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Accepted Solution

I bought a Sony BDP-S185 Blu ray player to hookup Netflix. I can't connect to wireless router. Why?

I just bought the BDP S-185 blu ray player so that I can access internet (netflixetc.) on my new samsung tv.I tried hooking it up to my wireless router but it keeps saying my connection type iswired and the connection failed.Can I hook this player up to a wireless router or does it need to be plugged into router?Difficult since router is in basement and TV on third floor. Can I use splitter on phonejack (existing on 3rd flr.)and plug in both phone and blu ray player or do I need a netgear typedevice to hook up this player?Thank you in anvance foryour help. Sorry it is so rambled butI am very confused here!

Top 40 Artist

Re: I bought a Sony BDP-S185 Blu ray player to hookup Netflix. I can't connect to wireless router. W

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Sony Community!

This Blu-ray Player is basic BIV (Basic Internet Video) model and does not support wireless Internet connection. I suggest that you use Ethernet LAN cable for connecting the Player to your router/modem.

Thank you for your post.