Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Puotinen
Accepted Solution

I bought a Sony BDP-S185 Blu ray player to hookup Netflix. I can't connect to wireless router. Why?

I just bought the BDP S-185 blu ray player so that I can access internet (netflixetc.) on my new samsung tv.I tried hooking it up to my wireless router but it keeps saying my connection type iswired and the connection failed.Can I hook this player up to a wireless router or does it need to be plugged into router?Difficult since router is in basement and TV on third floor. Can I use splitter on phonejack (existing on 3rd flr.)and plug in both phone and blu ray player or do I need a netgear typedevice to hook up this player?Thank you in anvance foryour help. Sorry it is so rambled butI am very confused here!

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: I bought a Sony BDP-S185 Blu ray player to hookup Netflix. I can't connect to wireless router. W

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Sony Community!

This Blu-ray Player is basic BIV (Basic Internet Video) model and does not support wireless Internet connection. I suggest that you use Ethernet LAN cable for connecting the Player to your router/modem.

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.