Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
erose3686

I can't log on to netflix on my Sony BDV-E3100 home theater system.

I got a new home theater system for Christmas and I have been toying with it all day. We have a netflix account so I decided to link my account to the home theater. However, when I go to launch the app, it looks like netflix is starting to load but then it gives me an error message that says, "Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit: www.netflix.com/tvhelp" with options to try again or exit. I wasn't even given the chance to enter any login information before this error popped up. What do I need to do to get this working? I have already been through all of the troubleshooting optioins on the netflix.com/tvhelp website and none of those worked.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Jonterry

Re: I can't log on to netflix on my Sony BDV-E3100 home theater system.

I have the BDV-E3100 as well and experienced this issu (Netflix unable to connect error).  Change your DNS settings to:

Primary DNS:        8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS:   8.8.4.4

Also turn off the IPv6 and do not use Proxy Server.

You can do this by going through internet settings. This will also fix the Hulu Plus and Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) error for "No documents exist" and gives you a white screen with error message.  I  hope this helps.

Jon

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
erose3686

I called Sony support and this is exactly what they made me do. I asked the rep on the other end why do I have to do this if I'm not the first and she placed all the blame on my wireless router. I just kind of figured if I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, then it may not be the router.

Please use plain text.
BrianP

Hi erose3686! 

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. What is the model number of the Blu-ray player? Click this link to get additional information on how to find the model number. Are you getting any error message? If yes. please provide the exact error. Also, is this happening as well with other internet video applications (e.g. Youtube and Amazon)?

Please use plain text.