Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
vidguy
Accepted Solution

My netflix and Hulu services have disappeared. How to get them back?

I can no longer see the connections for Netflix, Amazon and Hulu premium services.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: My netflix and Hulu services have disappeared. How to get them back?

Hello Daniel,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

The Internet video device is being used in a different country or region. The Internet video apps are region based and may not work in different countries or regions.
The network settings such as the Internet Protocol (IP) is changed by the Internet Service Provider (ISP). In this case it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.
The ISP was replaced or changed. Even if the Network hardware stays the same, it may be necessary to reset the network equipment and redo the network set up from the menu of the Internet video device.

Use the following additional troubleshooting steps if Internet video stations or apps that should appear are still missing:

NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check to make sure that the Internet video app did not reappear after completing each step.

From the menu of the Internet video device, select Refresh Internet Content.
From the Settings menu of the Internet video device, make sure that the latest update has been downloaded and installed. From the Settings menu select Network update to obtain the latest software. If the latest software is already installed, No updates available or The Most current update is being used will appear.
Reset your modem and router and do the Refresh Internet Content procedure again.

If the issue persists, please contact Sony support directly for further assistance.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=CONTACT

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
hpatel2001

I have the same problem I tried everything no luck yet!! anybody with any solutions

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
jwinfieldnv

I have the same issue on a BDP-BX59.  It happened after a video content update.  I have not moved to asia or changed my ISP.  I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps including resetting my router, resetting the player's setting to factory, and trying to do a firmware update from a disc burned from the Sony website.  Nothing corrects the problem.  All of the video services are now asian.  Did Sony send out a bad update?

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
djknowles

Yes, we have followed all these steps but the problem remains.

I have the same problem on two separate Sony Blu Ray players -- an S390 and BX57 -- both connected to separate Sony TVs.  They have been working great for almost a year and then yesterday they both stopped showing all the icons such as Netflix, Amazon, Hula, etc.  I've done reset factory settings, I've plugged and unplugged.   There has been no change to my wireless setup.  I've checked and rechecked all my settings.    My Internet Settings on both players show that an internet connect is made I'm still able to stream from Amazon and Netflix using two wireless tablets -- one an Android and one an Apple.  So, the wireless in my home  is working fine.   Since the whole purpose of these two blu ray players was to access Netflix and Amazon movies, I sure do want a fix.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Teucer

I have the same problem...  All my tabs have dissappeared and have been replaced by a single choice which appears to be a Chinese TV station.  After trying everything I could think of from the Bluray Player, I decided to visit the Sony.internet.tv site to see if I could re-initialize the system.  Unfortunately, the sony.internet.tv site ALSO happens to be in Chinese at this time.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
hpatel2001

Last night I was on chat with sony and they say they are aware of the issue and engineers are working on it. They asked for my email, location, device ID, model# and Global IP. They say they will have an update for me in 24 to 48 business hrs. lets see....

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
djknowles

My email response today from Sony was to be patient that the icons are "slow in uploading".  Well, I've had it on for two hours and they still haven't uploaded!

Please use plain text.
Garage Band
cybercomp

Same with a Sony Bravia TV model KDL-4OEX653.

Netflix has been working fine for months.  We have not moved, we have not changed internet providers, we have not changed routers, we have not even moved the TV.  But suddenly there is no Netflix icon.

Tried refreshing internet content.  No go.

Tried resetting the network settings.  No go.

Tried restoring factory settings and reinstalling the network settings.  No go.

Tried the supposed 'hard reset' with the power button and up arrow on the remote.  No go.

So, just what the heck to you have to do to recover the Netflix app?

This is beyond annoying.  'Product Support' on the TV doesn't even give you a telephone number -- just the chance to check for system software uploads (and yes, it has the most current system software).

After 5 Sony TVs over the years, this is the last.  The picture quality is not nearly as good as competitors for the same price.  I only paid this much to have what was supposed to be a functioning 'smart TV'.  Well, it doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
LeiaJade

I haven't seen the answer or solution here yet, so I'll post it in the hopes that maybe this helps someone.

I ran into this particular issue this morning as I went to access Hulu Plus. My BluRay player (Model # BDP-S590) rebooted itself and when it came back up, all the Apps were gone (i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Pandora, etc). I followed the steps above (including the factory restore) to no avail. I contacted Customer Support and proceeded to do the following steps (I'm not sure which are actually necessary, do a little trial and error or do exactly what I did).

1. Factory Reset. I did each setting individually, power cycled the system, then did a reset all and power cycled again.

2. Unplug the device for 60 seconds and re-plug.

3. Power on device.

4. Under the Setup Menu, select <Resetting>

5. Select <Initialize Personal Information>.

6. Once initialization is completed, press <Home> on your remote.

7. Under the Video menu, select the bottom/last option (I wanna say it was an online search, I didn't take a screen shot before selecting it so I apologize for not knowing the exact title - if you are prompted to accept an End User Agreement, you're on the right one.)

8. Accept/Agree to the End User Agreement.

9. Ta-da! The menu should do a refresh and all apps should be restored.

Hope this helps someone!

Please use plain text.