Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 1 of 19 (13,115 Views)

My sony bdp-s3500 is stuck in child lock mode.

My Sony BDP-S3500 is stuck in child lock mode. I don't even know how it got IN that mode - I didn't know it existed.  I have done the STOP-HOME-TOP MENU steps, and the screen says "Child lock off". Then I hit the eject key, and the screen says "Eject is locked, turn off child lock". Which I just did. Help?  Between this and the troubles I have getting it to connect to my internet, I'm beginning to hate this blu ray player passionately.

Message 2 of 19 (13,044 Views)

Re: My sony bdp-s3500 is stuck in child lock mode.

Hello amesville, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on a Blu-ray® Disc player or Network Media Player:

1. Turn the Blu-ray Disc player on and make sure the correct video input is selected on the TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Blu-ray Disc player remote.
3. Once the menu is displayed, press the Left arrow button on the remote and navigate to Setup.
4. On Setup, use the Down arrow button and go to Resetting and press the Enter button.
5. Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.

NOTES:

• Reset to Factory Default Settings option will display another menu where you can reset the current network, audio and video settings on the player, select All Settings if you desire to restore everything.
  • Initialize Personal Information will erase all personal information stored on the player and some Internet apps.

6. Go through each of the two options if you desire to completely restore the Blu-ray Disc player.

Hopefully this post helps you! Please click on "accept as a solution"

Rookie
Message 3 of 19 (12,580 Views)

I am having the same issue, I turn off child lock, yet the door won't open becuase child lock, according to the display, continues to be enabled.

Rookie
Message 4 of 19 (6,566 Views)

Advice to everyone.

It is a widesperad problem with Sony bdp players and there seems to be no fix, or update,  

I call on everyone with this problem to draw as much attention as possible to this matter via all social media.  

Together we stand.

Advice to Sony I have just won a battle with Toshiba.  

Please sort out via an update. it would be a cheeper option for you.

Many thanks for your tireless effots.

The Bear.  

Rookie
Message 5 of 19 (6,566 Views)

Advice to everyone.

It is a widesperad problem with Sony bdp players and there seems to be no fix, or update,  

I call on everyone with this problem to draw as much attention as possible to this matter via all social media.  

Together we stand.

Advice to Sony I have just won a battle with Toshiba.  

Please sort out via an update. it would be a cheaper option for you.

Many thanks for your tireless effots.

The Bear.  

Message 6 of 19 (6,519 Views)

Hi Bear22,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. We kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

ksr Rookie
Rookie
Message 7 of 19 (6,416 Views)

My Sony BDP-s390 will not eject the disk, I've tried everything.  After seeing the extent of the problem and lack of response from Sony, I will NEVER buy another Sony product again.

Message 8 of 19 (6,333 Views)

Hi Ksr,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that the blu-ray will not eject the disc. We certainly empathize with your frustration and disappointment and Sony takes into consideration all feedback to improve the performance and quality of our products and services. We're always looking to make Sony better. We appreciate your time sharing this feedback. Regarding your concern, you may consider to try the following steps in the next link that might fix the issue. Make sure that the software or firmware version is up to date. Please check out the next link for the steps to follow: 

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30451/p/47329,47564,95497/c/65,66/kw/eject

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 9 of 19 (6,256 Views)

Same for me. The model is BDP-S1200.

It got stuck in «child lock mode» after only watching a couple of movies. Since then, we've been searching : 1) in the booklet (nothing); 2) on the Sony website (nothing on the subject); in forums (finally I see I'm not alone!).

This is ridiculous. How can a great company like yours, mister Sony, can build and sell a device that doesn't want to work? Don't you have any respect for the end users? Aren't you suppose to test your products first? The ones who made the tests, if any, should be fired on the spot (by the way, I lost my job for much lesser reasons). Since then, we cannot use this silly blue-ray machine and wonder how you can leave us like this, without any logical solution. You send us to a link where they say the device won't play because of a disc dammage... Hey! This is not the problem here!!!

Don't give me that ****** about the fact that you are so sorry and so willing to help us and want us to enjoy a positive experience with your products and bla bla bla. Give us REAL solutions.

Oups! I forgot... I am from Quebec (CAN). So you will get rid of me simply by saying that you cannot help me because I am not american... and send me back to ******!

Thanks anyway for the rest of your products that are somehow working!

Monsieur Dominique Tremblay

Lorraine (Qc)

Rookie
Message 10 of 19 (6,256 Views)

«I don't even know how it got IN that mode - I didn't know it existed.»

Me neither! LOL

Good luck my friend!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook