Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 17 (1,729 Views)

Re: My sony bdp-s3500 is stuck in child lock mode.

Hi Dominikov,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We regret to hear that the player is stuck on a child lock mode. We certainly emphasize and apologize to the inconvenience that caused you. Regarding your concern, kindly follow the steps on how to unlock the child lock:

While the player is turned on, press STOP, HOME, and then TOP MENU button on the remote to lock or unlock the tray.

If the issue persist, try performing a power reset.

1. Press and hold the power button in front of the player.

2. While holding the power button, unplug the power cord for 10-15 seconds.

3. Connect the power cord and release the power button.

4. Turn on the player.

5. Check if the player is on child lock.

If the issue is still unresolved, the please check the next link to further assist you: https://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/service.pl

Regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 17 (1,249 Views)

@ErinC

Tried your trick of holding the power button + unplug, now the BD player power on, go quick to the main screen and then BOOM, all goes black...

Message 13 of 17 (1,197 Views)

Hi Drum18,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

If you're getting no picture or the screen goes black, this may be an indication that there is a loose connection or an incorrect setting. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.

NOTES:

• This solution assumes the Blu-ray Disc player is connected directly to the TV. However, if the Blu-ray Disc player is connected to an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver, the steps given below about the TV should also be followed for the A/V receiver.
  • If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.
  • Each of the steps below represents a possible solution to the issue, check if the picture is displayed on the TV screen after completing each step.
  1. Make sure the TV is set to the correct video input to receive the signal from the Blu-ray Disc player.

NOTE: Depending on the remote control for your TV, the remote may have a TV/VIDEO or INPUT button that can change the video input.

2. If the issue is not resolved, turn off the Blu-ray Disc player and TV and turn it back on.
  3. Check the cable between the Blu-ray Disc player and TV to make sure it is securely connected to both products.

NOTE: Try the steps below for HDMI® connections.

1. Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player and all other connected equipment.
    2. Disconnect and then reconnect the HDMI cable.
    3. Turn on the connected equipment.
    4. Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
  4. If the issue is still not resolved, try lowering the output resolution.

IMPORTANT: The steps on how to reset or lower the output resolution of the Blu-ray Disc player vary depending on the model. Follow the appropriate steps indicated below. If none of the steps below is applicable to your Blu-ray Disc player, check the Troubleshooting section on the supplied instructions manual of the unit. Go to Manuals, Specifications & Warranty.

• If the supplied remote control of the Blu-ray Disc player has a VIDEO FORMAT button.

On the supplied remote control, press the VIDEO FORMAT button repeatedly until the picture appears on the screen.

• If the supplied remote control of the Blu-ray Disc player does NOT have a VIDEO FORMAT button.

On the front of the Blu-ray Disc player, press and hold the STOP button for just over 10 seconds.

NOTE: Some TVs connected with an HDMI cable may not support a 1080p signal. If the Blu-ray Disc player is outputting a 1080p signal, lowering the output resolution may resolve the issue.

• For Blu-ray Disc player released on 2013 or later.

On the supplied remote control, press the STOP, HOME, and POP UP/MENU button at the same time.

5. On the Blu-ray Disc remote control, press the MENU button to try displaying the menu.

IMPORTANT: If the Blu-ray Disc player menu does not appear, skip steps 6, 7, and 8 then proceed to step 9. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.

6. Make sure the video output setting of the Blu-ray Disc player is either set to Auto or to the type of connection being used.
  7. If using an HDMI connection make the following changes:

NOTE: The steps below are not available on all Blu-ray Disc players.

1. In the Screen/Video Settings setup, set the BD/DVD ROM 1080/24P output to Off.
    2. Set the HDMI Deep Color output to Off.
    3. Set the X.V. Color output to Off (this option is not available on some models).
    4. Make sure that the HDMI control setting is set to Off. If using a non-Sony Blu-ray Disc player, this setting may be called CEC control or the AnyNet function.
  8. Check for and attempt to install any firmware/software updates. Go to Drivers and Software.
  9. If the issue is not resolved, try replacing the cable between the Blu-ray Disc player and TV.

If the issue persist, visit this link to further assis you: 

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=CONTACT

Best regards,

~Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Fwd Rookie
Rookie
Message 14 of 17 (436 Views)

I have the sam unit BDP-S3500. The unit was working fine for Netflix etc. But trying to play a DVD (which I had not done for some time) I got a message that the child lock was on. Eventually I found in these forums that pressing Stop, Home, Top Menu should disable this. I tried it and the message said that it had worked but when trying to eject the DVD tray it said it was still locked. I went through this a number of times until I decided to look for help again on the Sony forums. Here I found advice from you to try holding the power button, removing the power cable, waiting 10-15 seconds, replacing the power cable and then releasing the power button which I did.

This has caused an even bigger fault: Now when I turn the unit in it appears to start fine but very briefly flashes the app menu screen but then just goes completely blank with a black screen and there it stops.

Please would you let me know how I can undo your this problem caused by your fix?

So as not to waste time I have unplugged, tried other hdmi cables - it's nothing silly it's a software bug that needs fixing.

Thank you.
Message 15 of 17 (407 Views)

Hi FWD,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Greetings and thank you for your message. On this site, we are able to provide assistance for customers in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific. For further assistance regarding your product, we highly recommend visiting our Sony Global Web site for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/.

Regards,

-Erin

Rookie
Message 16 of 17 (250 Views)

I have the same blu ray player with the same child lock "fix" and it completed ****** my bluray player, the same way. Why even force me into a child lock DEFAULT. I'm done with Sony everything for the rest of my life. Your fix broke my entire bluray player. Where is my full refund from it's original price?
Message 17 of 17 (192 Views)

Hi Ali3nworksh9p,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

Please send me a private message regarding this issue so we can further assist you.

Regards,

^Ron

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook