Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Timmreck
Accepted Solution

Netflix is asking for an activation code.

But since I have already registered the DVD Player I can no longer get the activation code from the DVD interface. I there some way to find the activationcode?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: Netflix is asking for an activation code.

Hello Gerald,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

What is the model number of your DVD/Blu-ray Disc (BD) player? To access Netflix from your Bravia Internet Video (BIV) device, it is required to first register the unit on the Sony Essentials website and then, register it with your Netflix account. If you have already registered the unit on the Sony Essentials website and able to access other premium Internet Video services, then you probably need the Netflix activation code.

If the market date of your BD player is before 2012, follow the steps mentioned below.

A. Using your device remote control, navigate to the Video section of the device menu to get your Netflix Registration Code.

1. Using the supplied remote, press the HOME button.
      2. Using the right arrow or left arrow , select Video .
      3. Using the up arrow or down arrow, select the Netflix channel  .
      4. Press the Select button .
      5. At the prompt, select "Yes" if you are already a Netflix member or "No" if you are not.

Note: If you are not a member, you will also need to select "Yes" at the "Ready to Get Started" prompt to subscribe to Netflix services.

6. Write down the 4-character Registration Code that appears.

B. Go to the Netflix web site to register your device with an account.

If you are already Netflix member, 

1. message will appear on your TV screen telling you to go to the Netflix web site to add movies to your Instant Queue.
  2. Using your computer, open a web browser and go to www.netflix.com/activate and login into your account.
  3. At the "Activate Your Netflix Device" screen, enter your Netflix Registration Code and click the Activate button.
  4. Once the activation is complete, you are ready to select Movies/TV Shows to add to your Instant Queue.

C. At the "Watch Instantly" tab, click "Home" to see the Movie/TV shows available for viewing.
     Note: Click the title to view details about a Movie/TV show.

D.  When you find something you want to watch, click the "Add to Instant Queue" button. You can add multiple titles to your Instant        Queue during a single visit. Note: If you are on the Home screen, you will need to mouse-over the "Play" button to get the "Add to Instant Queue" button to appear.

E.  Go to the "Your Queue" tab to make sure that your selection has been added to your Queue. You may now logout of the Netflix web site.

Please mark this post as “Accept as Solution”, if you find the information useful.

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jtomps47

I have never had a problem before with Netflix on my Blu-ray player. It keeps asking me if I am a member when I click on the Netflix icon in the home menu. I say yes and do the whole activation code entering on my computer and it still doesn't work. When I enter the code on Netflix's activation site it says that it is ready to go yet when I click on the Netflix icon the whole thing happens again. Any ideas?
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi jtomps47! 

Try doing a power reset. Follow the steps below:

1. Turn off the player.

2. Unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.

3. Leave the player without power for 1 minute.

4. Plug the AC power cord back into the electrical outlet.

5. Turn on the player again.

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. What is the model number of the player? Click this link to get additional information on how to find your model number.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
tmcgary6

I am having the same issue as jtomps47. Netflix had been working flawlessly for 2 years and now is asking me for activation code. I activate the device as appropriate but it again asks me to activate again.

I have a BPD-S580 blu-ray player.

I tried the power cycle suggested by BrianP with no success. Should I restore factory defaults? Any other ideas?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi tmcgary6! 

There is an available software update for your player. Please make sure that the firmware is update.

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. Can you still access other internet applications (e.g. YouTube and Crackle)? 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
dcgolf

My firmware is up to date and I also turned off the blu ray player and unplugged it. Still the Netflix app continues to ask for an activation code. And, I checked my amazon streaming and that is working perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Thank you for the information!

Try to reset the player to factory default settings.

Do a Factory Reset. 
1. Using the supplied remote, press the Home button.
2. Go to Setup.
3. Under Setup, select Resetting.
4. Under Resetting, select Reset to Factory Default Settings.
5. Select All Settings.
6. If the player goes off after the factory reset, just turn it back on and the Easy Setup will be displayed on the screen. But if the player does not turn off just go back to the Setup Menu then go to Easy Setup. Just follow the on-screen prompts to finish the Initial Setup of the player.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
W_GILES_64

Re: Netflix is asking for an actiation code.19HEAW

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
W_GILES_64

19HEAW

Please use plain text.