Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 2 (1,327 Views)

Netflix problems from BDV-E770W

I have been a loyal Sony customer since the mid 1970s. This is the most disappointed I have ever been in their product. I have a new Blu-Ray home theater system, with latest firmware update. Netflix does not work more times than it does. It freezes and the power cord has to be disconnected from the unit.

I have steady 5.0+Mbps throughput on my ISP, and strong signal connection to 802.3g and n. Other wireless connections work flawlessly, such as DLNA access to shared media. Netflix works flawlessly on a couple of computers through the same router and ISP.

Bottom line, this is a firmware (hopefully) or hardware problem with BD player accessing Netflix. Sony had better correct this quality problem ASAP. Or they will find themselves in a class action lawsuit -- or worse.

Worse is to find themselves losing customers like myself, who have bought untold tens of thousands of dollars in Sony product over decades.

I hear Samsung and Panasonic do not have these problems.

Step up and do the right thing Sony. From what I read, your firmware M04.R.735 is probably most of the problem.
Message 2 of 2 (1,327 Views)

Re: Netflix problems from BDV-E770W

Got this unit set up all right and logged into our wireless network. Netflix worked fine for a couple days and then got messages saying that it could not make a network connection. Funny, the LG wireless Blue Ray that was on another floor in the house and a notebook could connect ok. Reset the modem, moved the router and still had the problem of not connecting to the network. Contacted Sony tech support twice, that was a waste of time. Was told to reset everything whenever it could not make a connection and try it again. Told tech support that everything else was fine except their product. Finally I got tired of this problem on something that I thought was top shelf stuff. Took it back to where I bought it and ordered a Panasonic. Very disappointed in Sony and will think twice before buying one of their products again.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook