Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Rookie
Message 11 of 21 (6,959 Views)

Re: Netflix streaming constantly freezes and times out

I have a brand new player, it worked flawlessly for two weeks and has started to freeze and buffer constantly to the point where we can't even watch a show without having to just turn it off while the red circle is spinning.  I will try updating the software and unplugging it from the wall, turning it off and back on doesn't work.

Please advise, otherwise, I can return it to the store.

Expert
Message 12 of 21 (6,938 Views)

Return it and buy anything else!

Immediately, as it will not get resolved.

Roku and others listed in the forum seem to be impervious to the Sony curse.

Rookie
Message 13 of 21 (6,922 Views)

[ Edited ]

I reset to factory default in settings and it solved the problem. I'm assuming there is some sort of limit on the actual device memory that causes it to time out after extended periods of download/use, such as, clearing a cache on a computer.

Expert
Message 14 of 21 (6,898 Views)

Glad you found a fix, only hope it sticks.
For most of the posts on this forum, no adequate resolution seems to have been found.
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 21 (6,274 Views)

Well, I hope that isn't the case since I just bought this Sony Blu Ray 2 months ago. My Roku worked for two months I sent it back and it worked for about 4 years after that. I hope Sony will fix mine like Roku did.

mkh9

Rookie
Message 16 of 21 (5,494 Views)

Re: Netflix streaming constantly freezes and times out on BDV-T57 unit

We have nothing but Sony throughout the house, Until now we only watched Netflix using our Apple TV, we started watching using our Sony entertainment system BDV-T57, it has always been kept up dated with current firmware, now that we are using the SONY Blu-Ray players in the Bedroom and living room we can't watch but MAYBE 5 mintues of any Netflix show befor it looses contact with the server (whatever server that may be!
watching on our laptops, apple TV, Tablets ****** even using our Samsung Note III phones they work flawlessly, switch to the Sony equipment and its total ******! WHAT GIVES SONY!!
Sure wish we would have done this as soon as we bought it because we would have exchanged it for Samsung, Another thing that ****** me off is I can't seem to take the SONY USB wireless fob and move it from the SONY BDV-T57 and plug it into the SONY TV because it won't recgonize it, yet I can move it from the SONY BVD-T57 entertainment Blu-Ray to the SONY BDP-BX37 and visa versa and they work. WHY?!?!, Being they are all SONY and the TV's are Smart TV's that support USB wireless fobs and the Fobs are SONY wireless fobs they whould all work.
But for one second forget the USB issue, WHY CAN'T A PRODUCT THAT IS SUPPSED TO STREAM NETFLIX DO THE SIMPLE TASK OF DOING WHAT I PAID HARD EARNED MONEY TO DO!?! FIX THIS SONY or I will never buy another Sony product again. ( I knew I should have spent the extra money for Samsung, my family has no problems with their Samsung products) 

SBM Rookie
Rookie
Message 17 of 21 (1,382 Views)

I have the exact problem. It has been driving me crazy. All other streaming services work perfectly. I too have a good internet connection plenty fast. I have paid The Geek squad to come out and test wireless router. I have called and spent hours on the line with netflix. Both of my Blu Rays are Sony. I have the same problem on both of them..one of them is hardwired into the cable box and the other is wireless.  I can stream on my ipad without problems..it only occurs while useing my sony bluray. It freezes and the video skips every 2 to 4 minutes. It looks like the only solution is to replace the Sony BluRay. Now I have to figure out the best alternative.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 21 (1,303 Views)

Thanks,

That helps me rule out that it is not the router. I have no problem also streaming on my laptop. So I think it is the BluRay also.

Too bad.

mkh9

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 19 of 21 (929 Views)

Your referred site is not working, can you post a new one please?

Message 20 of 21 (830 Views)

Hi Trefngrs,

Welcome and thank you for considering the SONY Community!

We are sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. For Netflix streaming issue that constantly freezes and times out, you can use this link to help you fix the problem. https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55501.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook