Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Top 40 Artist
Jvinson
Accepted Solution

Netflix streaming issues with Blue-ray DVD

Has anyone had success in dealing with Nexflix streaming issues on a Sony Blu-ray DVD player?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
HeidiM1962

Re: Netflix streaming issues with Blue-ray DVD

[ Edited ]

I'm having trouble too!  I just bought my player last night and trying to set everything up.  My Amazon & HuluPlus both work great.  What's the secret with Netflix?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Jvinson

From all the posts that I have read both on and off the Sony website, most folks believe the problem is with the Sony servers.  Apparently when you try to stream Netflix, the connection goes to Sony servers and from there to Netflix then back to the Sony servers and then to you.  Concensus seems to be to dump Sony completely and purchase a Roku or Apple iTV product.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi Everyone! 

You've mentioned that you are having Netflix streaming issues. What exact is the issue? If there is an error message, please provide the exact error. Also, what is the model number of the BD player that you have? Click this link to get additional information on how to find your model number.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
HeidiM1962

My model is a BDP-S1100.  The message says "Unable to connect to Netflix.  Please try again or visit:  www.neflix.com/tvhelp.  

It's not on my end - everything else works fine (HuluPlus, YouTube, Pandora).  

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi HeidiM1962!

You may follow this link for troubleshooting steps if you are getting Error: Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again later.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Jvinson

the model # of my Sony smart Blu-ray DVD player is BDP-S350

there are no error messages.  program stops and restarts.  My ISP (Time-Warner) has monitored my lines for several days at the time and there is minimal fluctuation in signal.  However, the DVD player shows a wide fluctuation from 18+Mbps down to .4 Mbps.  My home network has been professionally evaluated and no issues were found.  All router and cable modem updates have been installed.

THIS IS A SONY ISSUE; PROBABLY WITH YOUR SERVERS.

if problem cannot be fixed, I'm buying a Roku or an Apple iTV.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Hi Jvinson!

What do you exactly mean by the program stops and restarts? Please elaborate further. 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Jvinson

Something tells me you are not going to be much help! What part of "program stops and restarts do you not understand"? The program stops, says its reloading, and then gradually restarts. It happens as much as 8-10 times during an hour-long program.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
spacetrain

Seeing how much players sony makes and how much complaints there are, you may be better off getting the next gen xbox one, and using netflix on that.
Please use plain text.