Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

USER-938284

Netflix watched/unwatched episodes

Formerly the menu showing NetFlix episodes showed which have been watched or not watched by highlighting those that have been watched. This is no longer the case. It now shows all shows as having been watched. A PC shows the episode watched status correctly.

All shows, either watched or not watched, can be watched successfully on either a BDP-S570 or a PC.

The problem occurred with the last firmware update to the Sony BDP-S570 player, M04.R.787. This has been verified with Sony/Netflix. In other words, this feature has been removed from the latest release.

Suggest Sony/Netflix get together to resolve this issue, as this is totally unacceptable.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-961892

Re: Netflix watched/unwatched episodes

I have this same issue on my BDP-S370. I contacted Sony support and they claim the problem is with Netflix. Clearly that's not it (unless by that they mean that Netflix is responsible for supporting the app that's running on the Sony players, because as you said, the website is keeping track of the watched episodes, and I've got a friend with a Samsung that is not experiencing this issue).
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-961892

There's a topic on this in the firmware section, too.

Suddenly the Netflix app on my BDP-S370 just stopped distinguishing between watched and unwatched TV show episodes, and it's really annoying. I already contacted support, and they claimed it was a Netflix issue (which I don't think is true, since the website shows it fine and I've got a friend with a Samsung player not experiencing this issue).

Sure it's minor, but it's a really annoying problem having to figure out where you left off on multiple shows.
Please use plain text.
USER-954132

It looks like this Netflix issue is occurring on ALL Sony devices. It's affecting both my Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray player and my Sony Bravia KDL-46HX701 LCD TV.

This is not a Netflix problem as the previous poster stated since the problem is not occurring on my other Netflix-capable devices, only the ones made by Sony.

Please fix ASAP.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
KimberlyS

Hello Everyone

Thank you for your posts, and welcome to the User Discussion Forums.

Sony is aware there is an issue and is working with Netflix to resolve it promptly. We currently do not have an ETA for a resolution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-961892

OK, I stand corrected. I finally decided to call Netflix and see what they had to say about it. Once I explained the problem, she looked it up and confirmed it as a known issue that their engineers are working on. So apparently is it a Netflix issue and it should be fixed sometime (she could not provide an ETA).

Edit: that's funny, our posts crossed there by a few minutes.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
USER-968292

I got Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S780 and I am having the same issue and happy to know that I am not alone in this issue. But is there a plan to update the Netflix menu on Sony Blu-Ray BDP-S780? Because it does not show all the genres it says 86/102 but there isn't up to 102 and is there even a possibility of a 5.1 surround sound plan? LPCM 2.0 is not that great. Please, Sony you guys use to be so great and on time with everything, I hope these changes will happen.
Please use plain text.