Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
songseeds

Problem getting Internet Connection on wired home network

I have a Sony BDP-BX59.  

My home network consists of a cable modem that feeds a computer running a firewall that then feeds a router.  The router has Direct TV, and 3 computers (1 mac; 2 PCs).  All of those devices have manually assigned IP addresses.  

I have a wired connection between my router and the BDP-BX59.  I went through the manual network assignments and gave it an unused IP address that should work fine in my home network.  

It goes through setup and reports:

Physical Connection = OK

Internet Connection = Failed

All my other devices have internet connectivity.  

When I check diagnostics it reports: Gateway Not Responding.

I've substituted a different cable that I used to use in the network with no luck.  All connections appear to be OK.

Appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: Problem getting Internet Connection on wired home network

Hi,

Welcome to Sony Community!

I suggest that you allow Internet connection for the Player in your router’s firewall settings. Also, reboot the Player by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet for approximately 15 seconds. Afterwards, reconnect the power cord to the electrical outlet.

Then, perform wired setup again by choosing manual setup and change the last number of IP address to a number higher than the original but less than 254. For example, if the IP address shown on your computer is 192.168.0.5, enter 192.168.0.105

If the issue is not resolved, power reset network equipment -cable modem and router- by unplugging the power cords for 30 seconds.

If the issue is still persists, Reset the Blu-ray Player to factory settings. Steps to reset the Blu-ray Player to factory settings:

1. Turn ON the Player and press HOME menu button on the supplied remote control.
  2. Select Setup (suitcase icon) option on the Home menu.
  3. Then, select “Resetting”.

You can reset the player settings to the factory default by selecting the group of settings. All the settings within the group will be reset.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.