Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 1 of 1 (159 Views)

Problem with BDP-S1500

I have a Sony BDP-S1500 Bluray player that has developed an issue.

When you power it on you get the Sony/Bluray logo screen come on, Then a blue screen with flash up for a split second before it just displays a black screen & nothing else. I have tried it on several TV's, A few HDMI cables etc... yet nothing fixes it.

Even though the display is just black the buttons on the player work, The remote works & when I put a disc in & press play on the remote it seems to start playing the disc & I can hear it skipping chapters when I press the button on the remote, However all I see on the TV is a black screen.

The TV resolution is saying it's at 720x576 50Hz. When I put a DVD in & press play it changes to 720x480 60Hz as the disc starts reading but still just a black screen.

I tried pressing Stop, Home & popup/menu as recommended in teh manual yet this does nothing. I don't know if i'm doing that right as instructions don't say if you press them one at a time, All at the same time or for some length of time. I've tried various cominations yet nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook