Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

New Contributor
USER-975690
Accepted Solution

Reference Code 300 = no wireless video services

I have been using Netflix, YouTube, Amazon and Hulu with no problem for about two months, but recently I have been having trouble getting any of these services to load.

After attempting to connect to the internet I get a screen that says:

Internet Connection Status
Connection status cannot be confirmed.
The service requested was not found.
The server returned with the following reference code 300

When I close the screen and try again, I get the "Checking Internet Connection please wait ..." screen for a few seconds and then it returns to the Home page.

I have registered my device and I have installed all of the hardware updates that the system has notified me of.

Suggestions???
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-975690

Re: Reference Code 300 = no wireless video services

Oh, and I already tried powering the unit down and unplugging it for 60 seconds.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-909842

I am getting a similar error when trying to use Netflix / Youtube / Crackle, etc...

When I click on netflix / youtube / crackle I get the progress bar that says:

Connecting to the internet video service (1/3)

Then the error comes up saying:

"The service requested was not found.
The server returned with the following reference code 300."

I have refreshed my IP address
I have checked for new updates
I am able to stream content from my computer thru my BluRay
When I reconfigure the network settings, it says "Internet - OK"
I am able to access the internet from my computer

Netflix/youtube streaming was working just fine last night.

My only thought is since all network streaming services are down, that the sony servers are down?
Please use plain text.
USER-970155

Last night I had some streaming issues with Netflix and Amazon both. So I managed to watch regular TV.
Tonight I get the error 300. I reset both my router and modem. That is fine, I have a network connection and have about 89% as noted on my Blue Ray player. So that is getting a signal.
However at my computer , my Network map lists all my connected items but lists my Blue Ray player as can not be listed on the regular map. But it is connected, just not part of the network for some reason.
I went to the Sony site and tried there suggestion of a manual set up with a spicific IP address and that did not work.
Then they suggest that I call Netflix.
But the problem is not with Netflix but with the Blue Rays connection to my Visio Router and Computer. I get the 300 error on everything, but at least my network software is all up to date. So that connection went through.
I am just so confused.
Also I was visiting my daughter in another State and she has Cable internet (I have DSL and poor at that). I was thinking that the issue I have with the streaming was just my internet provider being slow. Well apparently not so. This seems to be a more widespread issue and not being addressed by Sony at all.
Any suggestions out there?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-909842

As of 9/8/2011 9:53pm CST, my service has been restored. No more Error 300.

Confirmed Netflix, Youtube, Crackle, and other services are back up and working for me.
Please use plain text.