Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
caymancan
Accepted Solution

Sony BDPS3100 cannot acces my computer (DNLA server)

I've recently purchased the Sony BDPS3100 bluray player. I've set it on the network, watching Netflix (et al) and videos without any issues. Everything went smooth as silk and was enjoying the new player an hour after I bought it. Then I attempted the DLNA thing. I wanted to be able to access movies and videos on my computer. I set up my computer as a server and asked my bluray player to find it. It could not, saying that it couldn't find my computer's IP address. The Sony `canned' solution was to check my firewall settings on both my computer and my Netgear WND3400 router. I disabled both firewalls but the problem still persisted. I can see all devices on my Homegroup (network) and have granted them all access. With my bluray player I have full access to the network - i.e. Netflix, Crackle, Music stations; I can play everything on my TV; I can browse the internet with Opera, etc., etc., but I cannot do the one thing (other than playing movies on my TV) that I needed the unit to do - access my extensive media libraries on my home computer.

Any solutions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Caymancan.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
caymancan

Re: Sony BDPS3100 cannot acces my computer (DNLA server)

Since I've had no replies to my question, last night I dug a little deeper into the issue.

Doing a random `ipconfig' check, I found out that the (IPV4) IP addresses did not match between my computer and the bluray player. I need to change the address within the Sony BDPS3100. Any ideas on how to do this?

The Caymancan

Please use plain text.
BrianP

You may follow this link for steps on how to set up a DLNA® server.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
hokey777

The IP adresses should be different between systems.

I had this problem and was able to solve it by removing my computer from Homegroup.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
caymancan

Success! I can finally see my computer in the bluray player server list!

Many thanks for the help. The advice you've given me (us) was no where to be found in all my researching this past few days.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
dizmark

What specifically fixed your problem? I have set up Media Sharing on my PC using both the Windows Media Server software and going under Network Connection Settings and sharing my PC as a media server. I have also allowed my BluRay access to the folders I am sharing. I have tried removing my PC from the Homegroup without luck. My BluRay does not see my PC when I perform the Connection Server Settings -> Update Server List. Can you be more specific on what you did to fix your problem?
Please use plain text.