Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

New Contributor
USER-986596

Streaming Video to BDP-S370 Stutters

'm trying to stream HD content recorded by my EyeTV 250 on my Mac Pro via ethernet to my Sony BDP-s370 Bluray Player using EyeConnect.

On the bluray player, I can easily navigate to my EyeTV Library and play the content, but it stutters badly. Somewhere, either on the Mac or the BD player, there's a bandwidth limit, or so it appears. The stream is about 17MBit/sec. 10MBit streams still stutter but not as much, and 6MBit streams play fine.

If I try to force my Mac to use 1000Base-T, the s370 suddenly cannot see it.

I'm trying to figure out if the issue is on the Mac or the s370.

Has anyone else out there had this issue?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-986596

Re: Streaming Video to BDP-S370 Stutters

I have an update. Took my router & modem out of the equation by connecting the Mac directly to the Bluray player and reset player to factory defaults. Neither of those made a difference.

But, I did notice something today, though... in the Info tab of the EyeConnect interface it shows throughput. When playing one of my HD files the throughput is ~12MBit/sec. On the Bluray player, it shows a speed of ~16MBit.sec.

The stuttering on the player makes it seem like there's "too much" content coming in. (If there wasn't enough, the video would pause while waiting for more content...)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-986596

Another update... just confirmed by Sony (via online support chat) that the player should stream AVCHD files via DLNA. So, you'd think mine would play, too, since the file size is the same.

Or am I assuming too much?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
USER-986596

Major Update.

It's not the Sony Blu-ray player.

I just tried Serviio DLNA server software and it's played everything I've thrown at it*. For the EyeTV files (the ones giving me the stuttering trouble) Serviio sees each EyeTV file as a folder (because they're package files) so I can select the actual MPEG2TS file. And they play perfectly.

So, it seems to be the EyeConnect Server software, or something is affecting it.

*I had to add the BDP-s370 to the profiles.xml file. I used info from another board post to do that. The generic Sony BD profile included with Serviio didn't work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
utGort

The problem is that the Sony BD players only accept mpeg2 steams through DLNA. The person that you talked to looked in the manual and it said it should accept the AVCHD files (it also should support the .m2ts and .mkv files). But the operative word is SHOULD. I agree with them that it should, but it does not. The stuttering is caused by your server transcoding (converting) the files to mpeg2. Since you are on MACs the serviio is probably the best you can get. When you changed profiles it told the sw how to convert.
I am on a PC for my server so I use Mezzmo. What you should do, is to post the profile that works for you so others can benefit.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
utGort

Opps. I just said a bad thing. My mistake sorry.

The player will accept an m2ts or mkv file. Both use mpeg2 transport stream. What it will not accept (and the reason for my mistake) is DTS audio. If your files are encoded AC3/6 it should work fine. Note that using DTS will force a transcoding to happen.
Please use plain text.
jfvmsa

Streaming Video to BDP-S370 Stutters

Has anyone been able to stream to BSP-S370 from PS3 Media server? If someone has made that possible, would you mind sharing the render configuration file?

I have tried Windows Media Player v11 but not success. All my files are mp3, MP4 and JPG files but the blu-ray can not find anything, however they played fine on the Play Station...

Any help will be appreciate it, some people talk about converting to mpeg2 but I don't know how to set VLC application to do that.

Thank you
Please use plain text.