Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 15 (1,721 Views)
Accepted Solution

TV not turning on

So, i have a KDL 75W855C and after the last update my tv cant turn on via remote or power button unless i unplug and plug the power cord, the tv was working fine, but since the last firmware update, it happens everytime i press the power button and try to turn on again after a few minutes, and my netflix suddenly stopped working two days ago, everytime i login, i just receive a message telling me the error 112 and just close the app, didnt found any info about and im just posting it here to see if someone can help me, thanks.

Apprentice
Message 2 of 15 (1,692 Views)

Re: TV not turning on

As mentioned in another thread, I am having the exact same issue, but with a KDL-55W800C. It started happening right after the Marshmallow update, never had the issue, not even once in 11 months before the update. Now, I need to unplug and plug the power back on at least once a day to get my TV to work. It is also plugged in directly into the wall outlet, no power bar or AC splitter.

I started to wonder if the Netflix app would not be the culprit. I am not 100% sure, but I think that most of the time that the TV would not turn back on with the remote, I had left it in the Netflix app before shutting it down. So I started to press the Home button before shutting the TV down and it seemed to work better. But not always.

So many issues started to happen after Marshmallow, we would need a post with all the bugs. :-\
Apprentice
Message 3 of 15 (1,687 Views)

I have exactly the same problem here with my W805C, all these issues stared after upgrade to Android 6. 

Netflix does not run, ERROR -112.

After turn OFF, need to remove power cord to POWER ON again!

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 15 (1,660 Views)

I had the same issue with my w800c, I did a reset of everything and have not installed any additonal apps other than Plex to see if it happens again. So far it has been a week and had not had it turned on, so I slowly been installing more needed apps.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 15 (1,536 Views)

The problem with netflix (error -112) was solved.

But the power off / On problem still alive!!

Apprentice
Message 6 of 15 (1,499 Views)

dlanor15, I highly doubt that it will solve your problem as I have 0 apps installed (other than stock ones, obviously) and still experience the issue.

The more I look at it, the more it feels like the TV is unable to respond because of poor app or ram management. What I mean is that the sluggishness of the TV started at the same time than the "TV won't turn on" problem.

Apps won't respond, Home won't work or will ask to close or wait, volume will not go higher or lower right away, it seems that Marshmallow brought a general slowdown all over the interface.

As someone else has suggested, pressing the Power button on the remote and waiting for about 5 to 10 minutes, then pressing it again will work. Which again, seems to point to the fact that the TV is unable to process the commands normally, stuck in a non responsive state for most of the actions, and turning on seems to be the most problematic.
Enthusiast
Message 7 of 15 (1,476 Views)

This is ridiculous. I've owned my bravia since...I think summer of 2015. I can hardly remember a time when I haven't had a software related issue....that being said, I've found my issue is when my TV goes to sleep or is powered off for an extended period. Simply unplugging the TV and plugging back in, wait 30 seconds and press the power button on the remote turns it on.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 15 (1,429 Views)

No It didn't help, just today I couldn't turn it on this morning. Now had another issue where it just kept cycling through channels on its own and I couldn't stop it unless I turned it off. I'm really fed up with this TV, and going to be contacting Sony, I'm still within my 1 year warranty. If I don't see any solutions I am going to fight for my money back, this is ridiculous.
Apprentice
Message 9 of 15 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same thing here, netflix solved but the power issue still.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 15 (1,144 Views)

BUMP!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook