Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
jamnee
Accepted Solution

The login failed; please check your entries. BDP-S270 Blu Ray player logging into Youtube

Evidently many Sony Blu Ray owners are being logged out of their Youtube accounts and are not able to log in again.  I even created a new Youtube account and password and still was not able to log in.  I am sure Sony is aware of this situation.  Please don't tell me to create a channel.  I have one.  We all need to know why many of us are no longer able to log into our Youtube account.  I get the standard message, The login failed; please check your entries.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
johnashea

Re: The login failed; please check your entries. BDP-S270 Blu Ray player logging into Youtube

same here-very frustrating, especially given the limitations of the Sony remote control device-makes the encoding of the characters absolutely infuriating

please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vickiveil

Re: The login failed; please check your entries. BDP-S270 Blu Ray player logging into Youtube

yes, this is the second time in 10 days it has happened to me. Its annoying. Is this Sony or Youtube? I bet Sony says its YT and YT says its Sony :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
oldyellow

I am having the same problem on my SMP-N100.  I'm sure is uses the same internal software as the Blu Ray players.  Hopefully, someone will fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Hi everyone,

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and they are working on a resolution. Unfortunately, we do not have the ETA and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
paulocel

same problem
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Maxchillin

Its August 4th, 2013, and it was working fine on the Sony DVD player,(BDP-S370) and I made the mistake of logging out, and now I'm here looking to get back in!! Login via safari or com is ok. DVD player, not ok XBOX is a much better playback of Youtube, plug a wireless keyboard in the USB on the front. (Hafta pay for Gold membership, though) FIXXIT PLEASE.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Maxchillin

DONT LOGOUT IF IT IS ALREADY WORKING!!!
TRust me on this.. I think by time you read this, it's already too late..lol
****** you Sony!
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. When you access Youtube application what do you see on the screen? Is there any error message when you try to login to youtube?  If yes, please provide the exact error. 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Maxchillin

Good news, I logged in today after a cold boot on the DVD, and then after allowing it to "check network settings" after it it's 3/3 checks as it normally does on cold boot.. I logged in no problem using my gmail addressed youtube account. Seems fixed now.
August 5th 3013
Please use plain text.