Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
JPattison
Accepted Solution

To Connect Blue-ray player to internet

I have just purchased a Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player.  I want to connect to the Internet via my wireless router.  However, my router does not have a WPS button.  If I connect my laptop to the player via a USB cable, is there a way I can get the player to connect to my router? Can I give the player the WEP key, for instance?  Thanks, John

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: To Connect Blue-ray player to internet

Hello John,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Congratulations on your new purchase of the Sony BDP-S390.  For connecting to a wireless network, you can do manual connection setup beside WPS push method.  This will allow you to scan for your wireless SSID and then enter the correct WEP key.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

[ Edited ]

Hello John,

You may also refer to the below link for instructions regarding connecting your Sony BDP-S390 BD player to a wireless router. The page also includes a link to a Video Tutorial to show you the steps as they are being performed.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1003782

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
ssparkes

I have same issue with BDP s590 I have tried all the blog recommendations and noting works. Seems like a lot of customers have the same issue. Your chat line does not work on web page so its impossible to get help.
Please use plain text.