Skip to the end of navigation

Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 14 (2,075 Views)

Re: Trying to connect my BDP-S1700 to the internet via wireless- only has 'wired' connection option

[ Edited ]

Hi Kimberly75,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

We regret that the player failed your expectation. The BDP-S1700 model is not capable of wireless connection. This player is for wired connection setup only. You can check the product specification for more details: 

https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4579663131.pdf see page 36.

Sony does have wireless Blu-ray players that are available in the stores. We highly recommend visiting our website to see the list of wireless Blu-ray line-up at www.sony.com.

Best regards,

-Erin

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Rookie
Message 12 of 14 (1,643 Views)

Re: Trying to connect my BDP-S1700 to the internet via wireless- only has 'wired' connection option

Just bought this worst mistake! On the box and instructions to the Sony Blu-ray Disc player BDP-S1700 it say clearly that it is supposed to WIRELESS either you better figure out how to connect it to internet wirelessly or pay me back my money is mad af right now it clearly says wireless and you can do it but reading all these comments they say no it isn’t possible so ****** please fix this so I can enjoy Netflix and Hulu on my player wirelessly!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rookie
Message 13 of 14 (871 Views)

Is this a joke? Come on Sony I paid more for your disc player then your competition thinking it was a trusted brand. As others have stated a smart disc player with apps for streaming is expected to have Wi-Fi capabilities when I'm paying over $60 in 2017. No receipt to return so I'm stuck with half a device.
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 14 of 14 (162 Views)

I am trying to connect the BDP-S1700 to the internet with the LAN connection.  I am using the Auto settings.  The player says the connection is good but getting internet access has failed.  Why is something so simple so complicated?

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook