Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 1 (122 Views)

UBP-X1000ES Outputting 4K UHD Discs In 1080P

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there is a known issue about the latest firmware update for this device possibly causing the issue I am having?  I bought a new UHD/BD movie combo package yesterday.  After turning on the 1000, I was prompted to update the firmware.  I did so before watching the movie.  When viewing the UHD disc, it would only output in a 1080P/24 format despite trying many player settings changes.  The player did however manage to successfully upscale the BD that was included with the package to a 4K picture.  I have not had any issue like this happen until now with this device.  I inserted several other UHD movies that I own which played previously in native 4K, and they all output in only 1080P now.  I have the player connected straight to my 65X850B which is also up to date with it's firmware, and not through my receiver (STR-DA2800ES).  I have tried every option I can think of.  The player also has no problem displaying a 4K resolution on it's main menu screen.  Any advice would be appreciated.  If I could somehow perform a factory reset, I would, I just don't see that option available.  Thank you.

Russ

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook