Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 6 (752 Views)

UBP X700 and HDR

Hi all

Got my new X700 player and there is a huge bug with it. Called Sony support and they had no idea what they were talking about calling it a service provider box!

So my issue is, if I connect the x700 to my AVR which supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 passthrough then I cannot get HDR from built in apps! If I connect it using same cable to TV then I get HDR on Amazon and Netflix. 

I hope Sony fix this as its a huge oversight!

Anyone else have this issue?

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 6 (746 Views)

Re: UBP X700 and HDR

This player isn't official released yet so that's probably why it has a bug and why Sony would not have any idea what you are talking about when they cannot provide support on a unreleased device.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 6 (742 Views)

It has been released here in the UK.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6 (740 Views)

Ok, here in the United States it has not yet been released. You contacted Sony Europe and they didn't know what you were talking about?

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6 (733 Views)

They knew about the player but the guy seemed clueless, he didnt know what AVR was called it service provider box. His comment was "If you connect to avr they cant guarantee it will function but if it works direct to tv then nothing wrong with x700 and I need to speak to avr provider"
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 6 of 6 (246 Views)

Not sure what you mean by officially released.  The UBP-X700 is already being sold by several retailers in the USA.  I just bought mine at Best Buy.  In my opinion, if they are already selling it to the public through big retailers like Best Buy, it is offically released.

In addition, this BD player has the same lock up/freeze problems as the UBP-X800 and other models.  I was not aware that the UBP-X800 had so many issues until today that I was researching my UBP-X700 lock up/freeze issues.  Which, by the way are also present on a non 4k upscaler Sony BD that I also own (which I thought it was because it was a couple of years old).  I am also posting the problem in another thread.  Just thought all you guys need to know this before you rush to buy the UBP-X700.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook