Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (4,866 Views)
Accepted Solution

UBP-X800 Audio output

Has anyone had issues with the audio output from the X800? For Dolby Atmos, the player is only outputing sound for surrond back speakers, not front Atmos audio is beign sent.  Any thoughts? Is it the firmware which needs to be corrected.  I have the latest firmware upate installed.  Support stated they will be escalating to see if there is an issue.

Enthusiast
Message 2 of 10 (4,717 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Audio output

When I'm playing batsman v superman it's just stating Dolby digital 7.1. No atmos. Help desk wasn't able to help. They think it maybe in the next firmware which ****** because that's the whole reason I got it for 4K and atmos support.
Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (4,713 Views)

I had the same issue. Look in the user guide page 22 under Audio settings. Under the subtitle BD audio mix setting. You need to set the player to output in Bitstream. Then u will have the DAtmos sound you want. Hope this helps.
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10 (4,662 Views)

It's still saying Dolby digital surround 7.1 when I hit display
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 10 (4,602 Views)

Still having this issue? What is your screen saying on display? 7.1 doly surround or atmos?

Rookie
Message 6 of 10 (3,067 Views)

The trouble I am having is bitstream isn't an option its either PCM or Auto. My samsung BD player will do the master HD etc, ( because it outputs in Bitstream, but thats not an option on this sony player, has anyone else seen that issue?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10 (3,024 Views)

Hi,

If you have the UBP-X800 manual turn to page 22 under Audio Settings and under (BD Audio Mix Setting) you will see the note under the "light bulb"  picture "To enjoy Bitstream (Dolby / DTS) signals, set (BD Audio Mix Setting) to (off) and (Digital Audio Output) to (auto). This should resolve the issue..

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10 (1,446 Views)

With the firmwares currently available (I've been through the 2 last ones, actual version is M36.R.0175 from 10-AUG-2017)

the UBP-X800 will never show anything about Atmos or DTS:X soundtrack in it's Info display.

It just shows the core datastream format (TrueHD, DD+ or DTS-MA) and not if the object-based metadata is present.

Rookie
Message 9 of 10 (650 Views)

I have purchased this player with the matching sony str 1080 receiver and cannot get a Dolby atmos soundtrack or any other Dolby signal. Just get a 'pcm linear' signal scroll across the screen when I play a 4k Dolby atmos disc.

I ended up taking the player back to the shop for help....they were useless and just gave me new one.!!! Still have the same frustrating issue.

I suspect the new Dolby surround software on my new amp is just upscaling the pcm signal to 5.1

It is like buying a new sports car and not being able to engage 4th and 5th gears...very frustrating
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (642 Views)

I have same player and receivwr.
Dolby Atmos is a non-issue, plays back perfectly.
First, make sure to turn off BD Sound Mix in UBP-X800 settings.
Next question - what is your source?
Dolby Atmos can not be played back from any source. Blu-Ray disks that have Atmos track are the surefire way to get Atmos sound.
Other way is to use USB port on the UBP-X800.
USB connected to TV or AVR will most probably not work.
From the USB stick, Atmos can only be played back from MP4 and M2TS files. Most notably, UBP is not able to play Atmos track from MKV.
That applies if Atmos is carried on Dolby TrueHD. If it is carried on DD+ track, the chances may be a little better. For example my Bravia TV is able to pass through DD+ so in this case I can connect USB stick also to the telly.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook