Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apprentice
Message 1 of 8 (10,276 Views)

UBP-X800, Dolby Vision, and Info from Sony

This is probably a rhetorical question given Sony’s silence on the topic but I feel it is necessary to ask and add my voice for the importance of Dolby Vision for those who have DV capable TVs. We’re replacing our old Sony KDS-60A2000 with a new Sony TV and would like to replace our current Sony Blu-Ray 1080p player with a new 4K HDR player, preferably by Sony.

Can we expect Sony will make any kind of announcement in the near future about whether the UBP-X800 will or will not ever receive an update for Dolby Vision?  Or if Sony will release a DV compatible player sometime this year? 

The X800 is especially attractive right now because in addition to being a Sony unit it is apparently coming with a choice of two 4k HDR movies until 6/30/17.

Last Friday my wife and I bought a Sony XBR-65X930E from a local dealer (who is also a Sony authorized service center).  It is being delivered this coming Saturday.   Our dealer did not have any UBP-X800s in stock or we would have purchased one then.  But now I’m having second thoughts as I’d really like to have DV as an option since DV will be available on the 930E.  I expect by the end of July, I’ll either have purchased one of the 4k players currently on the market or I’ll wait until November for MS to release Scorpio and review all options at that time. 

Any information from Sony about DV HDR and Sony Blu-Ray players would be greatly appreciated.

Rookie
Message 2 of 8 (9,218 Views)

Re: UBP-X800, Dolby Vision, and Info from Sony

In addition to has being asked .. when it will release in Saudia Arabia and will it support a region A(american) 4k blu-ray discs
from amazon for example
Message 3 of 8 (8,990 Views)

Hi Abady,

Welcome and thank you for considering SONY Community!

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific.

Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Rookie
Message 4 of 8 (5,869 Views)

One word OPPO-203. Has everything.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8 (4,724 Views)

Sony has not informaton it is willing to release on the subject. I just got off the phone with Sony. Very sad.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 8 (4,287 Views)

A very senior Sony source has confirmed to a major technical blogger at AVSForum that either Sony can't or won't offer Dolby Vision for the X800.

What is going on at Sony?

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8 (2,319 Views)

If that is true that will be extermely disappointing. My Sony TV and my Sony ES receiver both support dolby vision, Sony makes dolby vision discs, but they can't or won't patch their only UHD player to support dolby vision? Why can't sony put together an end to end solution for dolby vision? Are they that dysfunctional and inept these days?

Rookie
Message 8 of 8 (272 Views)

That really ****** that Sony won't give Dolby vision support to the x800 blu ray player. That not fair. It's like Sony doesn't care about their 2017 models at all. And give me a break I'm sure if Sony would work on it I'm sure they could find a way for the X1 chip to support Dolby vision. It's like what was the point of getting the x900e knowing that Sony knows it was their most popular model is ******!!! Come on Sony your better than that!!!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook