Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 10 (584 Views)

UBP-X800 Netflix freezing between episodes

I'm having and issue with my X800 when streaming Netflix. After watching a series episode and transitioning to the next episode, the entire player locks up. I can't even turn the player off or reset it. The only thing that works is turning the player off.

This issue seems to be isolated to only the episode transition when watching a series on Netflix. I have not encountered any other issues.

I've tried a software update, but that didn't work.

Please help.

Thanks
Message 2 of 10 (536 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 Netflix freezing between episodes

Hello jasonsan,

Could you share what series you are watching and which episodes that this freezing is occuring?

I've been testing many series without seeing this behavior.  Any feedback that you can provide would help identify the root cause of this issue.

Thank you very much,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 10 (525 Views)

Breaking Bad, season 1.
Message 4 of 10 (501 Views)

Hello jasonsan,

I've tested through 8 episodes so far for Breaking Bad season 1 with no problem transitioning between episodes.

I've tested on three different UBPX800 units with no problem on Netflix.

What episodes were you having problems with (e.g. Transitioning between S1E4 to S1E5)?

Were you having issues with only Breaking Bad season 1?

Were there other series that you have had problems with?

Thank you,

Chris

Message 5 of 10 (462 Views)

Hi Jasonsan,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused. If Netflix loads slowly, or if you're experiencing freezing or rebuffering, blurry video, or frequent stops while watching a TV show or movie, you may have a weak or unstable connection to the internet. You can check the troubleshooting steps from this link: https://help.netflix.com/article/en/node/230.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10 (437 Views)

I've tested it on other series, and the same thing happens. The player completely locks up. The only way to correct it is to unplug the player.

Jay,

This is not an internet connection issue. I have no connection or buffering issues.

I even tried a system update, but it said that it was "Already Updated"?

That said, what should I do next? I bought it at Best Buy. Should I return and exchange the unit?
Message 7 of 10 (396 Views)

Hello Jay,

My additional testing has not seen this behavior.  As you have tested other aspects of your connection and do not believe that this is related to your ISP nor Network Topography, you can return to Best Buy.  However if the unit the get in exchange has the same behavior, I would look more closely at your system setup again.

Sorry that I could not help better identify a Root Cause for your issue.

Thank you,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10 (266 Views)

So, I went to Best Buy and they refused to exchange the unit. They said it's because I didn't buy an extended warranty. (I'm assuming it's because it was over a month ago that I had purchased the unit.)

That said, what do I do now? I have a defective unit and Best Buy won't let me exchange it.
Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10 (217 Views)

Its a bug go in display settings and turn of 24p on bluray disk and what ever else is there. I had the same problem can't update from Internet and USB stick .

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 10 (185 Views)

Thanks Chris72. I'll give it a try and will report back my results.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook