Enthusiast
Message 11 of 17 (865 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 No Menu screen with LG OLED TV is set to Deep Color Mode

Mine is the LG OLED55B6P.

Thanks

Rookie
Message 12 of 17 (725 Views)

Has there been any resolution to this?  I have the same issue on the LG OLED55B6P.

Message 13 of 17 (483 Views)

Hello everyone,

Good news, although this condition appears to be an issue on the LG OLED Television side, our design group has developed a firmware to help eliminate Deep Color issue.  Our initial testing has looked good and we are currently planning firmware release to the public around August 10.  If any changes occur to the deployment schedule I will let everyone know.

Thank you,

Chris

Apprentice
Message 14 of 17 (394 Views)

i didt the update

no change at all

Message 15 of 17 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]

=====================================

Hello dusdus,

Our internal testing showed improvement, I've asked our design to follow up with your condition.  As soon as I have additional information, I'll reach out to you to better identify what is happening with your set.  Off hand, did you do a power cycle or HDMI handshake after the firmware update?  This may help reset the initial condition to allow for the CLI "fohdmi" command to be processed by the LG OLED television properly.

Hello fenster and Dynatnt1,

You both have the LG OLED55B6P televisions.  How did the update work for your units?  Are you still seeing the original condition or have you seen improvement?

Thank you,

Chris

For Reference

dusdus -          LG OLED55C7V

fenster -          LG OLED55B6P
  Dynatnt1 -       LG OLED55B6P

Sony Testing - LG OLED55C6T

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 17 (365 Views)

Chris, I just did the update and it does not seem to be working on my end either. The menu screen flickers on and off more frequently than before but still will not stay on until I shut off Deep color on LG. I power cycled both the TV and X800. What is the process to redo the HDMI handshake? Just want to make sure I am not missing something. Let me know if there are any settings I am missing or should try. I can also test a beta firmware if needed. Thanks, Toby
Message 17 of 17 (363 Views)

Hello Dynatnt1 (Toby),

Thank you for the feedback.  I've provided your response to our design team to evaluate better what is happening.  If they have other suggestions for settings, I'll provide feedback.  The HDMI handshake can be re-established by either hot pull HDMI cable (unplug and plug back in) or by complete power off (remove AC cord) from Bluray side.  

Thank you for the information, we'll continue to look into this condition.  

Chris

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook