Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Message 11 of 17 (1,866 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 No picture/sound

Hello wicked626,

Thank you for the additional information, I appreicate your feedback.

Chris

Message 12 of 17 (1,788 Views)

Hello wicked626,

I wanted to update you that I received your unit and after testing, I have found nothing wrong with the unit.  

When I recieved your unit was in 480p resolution, which indicates that your Forced Reset of the [Output Video Resolution] was successful.  I've switched back to 4K output with no issues.  The firmware was M36.R.173, I was able to update the unit to the M36.R.0175 firmware.  Both before and after the update, the unit has been outputing correctly.  I'll do some long term testing but at this point the problem that you were experiencing does not appear to be an issue with the Bluray Player.

Thank you,

Chris

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 17 (1,779 Views)

Chris,

I've received the new unit, and have been using it with the same connections and everything has been working flawlessly so far. The only difference in setup with the new one and old one was, I set Quick Start to 'off'.

What do you think went wrong with the old unit? Could you keep me updated if something changes? 

Rookie
Message 14 of 17 (1,291 Views)

I’m having the same issues! Has here been a fix to this other than sending the player in to be serviced?
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 17 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm new to the forums.

I bought a UBP-X800 3 days ago. In my case the blu-ray discs play perfectly, when I tried to go to the "Home" the screen went black and the TV says no signal. I tried the resolution reset and every other suggestion in the troubleshooting section of the manual to no avail. The blu-rays continue to play perfectly but I cannot go to the Home to change settings or use the Apps.

My TV is brand new, 1 day old and has the latest firmware as does the UBP-X800. I don't know what else to try at this point.

Thank you!

Update: I turned off Deep Color and the Home screen came back without issues. Is this HDMI cable related?

Apprentice
Message 16 of 17 (947 Views)

I kind of have the similar problem. I think I posted somewhere on these boards but heres the updated version: My brand new sony ubpx800 has intermittent flickering issue (my tv is also brand new, lg oled 55c7). It used to flicker only on the home screen and playback was fine. Tonight it flickered during playback. I replaced the 4k hdmi cable with another hdmi cable (not 4k cable). Flicker issue didnt go away. So I decided the issue was not the cable but either the player hdmi out port or tvs hdmi in port (hdmi 1). I connected sony player to old samsung led tv. There was no flicker. However, at the same time, I connected samsung ubd km85 4k player to tv hdmi 1 port. There was no flicker. At this point, I have no idea what has caused the issue and if the flicker may come back. The only thing I can think of is that either 1) unplugging the player and plugging back in did perform some kind of reset which resolved the issue (will it ever come back)? or 2) sony player hdmi 1 output port is somewhat defected and causes the flickering intermittently (but when I tested on old samsung led there was no issue so maybe the defect only presents itself on 4k output)? Any idea or recommendation is greatly appreciated
Enthusiast
Message 17 of 17 (492 Views)

I have a similar issue. I bought the Sony UBP-X800 back in November and have been playing it on a Sony XBR55x930D passing through a Sony STRDN1060 successfully with both Blu-Ray and 4K Blu-Ray discs until today. I was binge watching Game of Thrones Blu-Rays while sick yesterday (Sunday) and went back to continue watching again today (Monday), but I only get a black screen. The player has worked perfectly for over a month now with both types of discs. I paused my play last night and went to bed and this morning it was not working. No picture. No sound. I can't get menus to appear. I tried the Stop/Home/PopUp Menu combination but it did nothing. I tried resetting the TV to factory settings, but that did nothing either. 

Any suggestions/solutions would be welcome. Thanks!

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook