Welcome to the Community!

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14 (1,561 Views)

UBP-X800 No picture/sound

UBP-X800 not displaying video or sound. Powered off and unconnected all connections and power supply. Reconnected and pressed the Home button on the remote, to see if there was a firmware update (as the first time this happened, it was because of this). I can see a flicker of the Home screen and it disappears. Checked all HDMI cables and tested on other products, it's not the cables; tried plugging into a different port, not the port problem. Called Sony to get a warranty repair, number tells me to call the Florida # instead (even though they say their hours are until 12 ET, and it's not even that time yet). So calling the Florida #, the support rep gets my information and puts me on hold. I hear him trying to reconnect the call but he transfers me to the PlayStation support # and it hangs up. 

ASLHGKHGSLlasjg;klghslgkdsg..... what do you want me to do? I wish I could just Factory Reset it myself, but I can't see anything on the screen!! If anybody reads this, can you possibly just tell me the steps needed, to try and perform the Factory Reset myself with a blank screen.

Message 2 of 14 (1,534 Views)

Re: UBP-X800 No picture/sound

Hello wicked626,

You can perform a forced resolution reset by the following:

Reset the [Output Video Resolution] to the lowest resolution by pressing x STOP, HOME, and then POP UP/MENU button on the remote.

This is not a complete Factory Reset.  If this does not work to resolve your issue, please let me know.

Thank you,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 14 (1,523 Views)

Resetting the Output Video Resolution does NOT work for me.

Tried STOP, HOME, and POP UP/MENU together and does nothing.

If I go to the Input Hdmi 2 where UBP-X800 is connected, and then I press the Home button, I can see a quick flicker of the Home screen, but it disappears. Have tried other hdmi cables and other ports; different TVs but still does not work.

It is connected to a 49" 850c, with a HT-CT790.

Cable box is connected to HDMI 1

UBP-X800 to HDMI 2

HT-CT790 to HDMI 3

PS4 to HDMI 4

Message 4 of 14 (1,420 Views)

Hello wicked626,

Could you confirm your television model?  Sony does not have a 49" 850C model.  The 850C model group started at 55".

Perhaps you have the XBR49X830C?

If so, please check the following:

• Make sure that your Television also has the most recent firmware update.

• HDMI Cable is a High Speed HDMI Cable - With the 4K UBPX800 there is a lot of data being transfered and requires additional bandwidth for the cables.  The HDMI cables you have may not support the 4K bandwidth needed and would work normally on other HDMI devices that does not need 4K tranfer rates.
  • If you have the XBR49X830C model, then you can confirm if this is [SETTINGS] > [EXTERNAL INPUTS] > [HDMI signal format] and select HDMI 2 that the UBPX800 is connected to.  Select the Enhanced format to support 4K content for HDR and other 4K signals.
  • On the rear of the UBPX800, make sure that you are connected to the HDMI Out 1.  The HDMI Out 2 only supports Audio information.  

Are you using a receiver between the UBPX800 and the Television?  I don't believe so based upon your other HDMI inputs.  But if you are, confirm that the Receiver supports 4K content pass through.

If you are still having problems, disconnect your Cable Box from your setup.  If the UBPX800 works then it may be a case where the HDMI connected Cable Boxes that interfer with CEC control (Control for HDMI).  In that case you can correct the issue with your cable box by utilizing a Non-CEC HDMI cable. If this ends up being the case, could you let me know what your cable provider is and the Set Top Box model number and firmware version?

Thank you,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 14 (1,403 Views)

It's the xbr43x800d. sorry, i have the 49x830c and 55x830c as well, got them mixed up.

But the 43x800d is the one connected with the ubp-x800. or it was. I've already sent the 4k player back to sony.

TV has the latest firmware update.

HDMI cables are all certified high speed, I even used cables that work on a samsung ubd-k8500, and a ps4. 

Tried playing around with settings already, to no avail. That was one of the first things I tested. 

Obviously I was connected to the HDMI Out 1....... as HDMI Out 2 is covered by a sticker. DUH.

No, not using a receiver. I've already outlined what my HDMI inputs are.

I have tried using ubpx800 without the cable box connected actually. I wanted to test all the hdmi ports, so I unplugged HDMI 1 and plugged the ubpx800 into it to test it. DOES NOT WORK. 

I would be happy to test anything else you want me to test, but I have sent the unit back to Sony today. This is a UBPx800 issue. Firmware I'm guessing.

When I got back home from sending the unit out, I realized I forgot to include the remote control, is that needed? 

Message 6 of 14 (1,395 Views)

Hello wicked626,

Thank you for the followup, I appreicate your feedback.  Sorry I could not help before you sent the unit into exchange.

I'll capture the unit on our end for testing since this is an unusual condition.

You'll get a new unit for the replacement, and don't worry about the remote.

One last question, were you ever able to see any output from the Player?  Specifically did you get to go through the initial setup?

Thank you very much,

Chris

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 14 (1,390 Views)

I appreciate the extra followup Chris. Ok great, I've been on hold with a CSR for the past half hour trying to explain to him the situation and asking if I need to return the remote control or not. But he just confirmed I don't need to return the remote as well, so that's great news.

Out of the numerous times I tried to get it to display properly, I only managed to do it 3 times, where there was a brief flicker of the "Home" screen. That was the closest I got. I tried the stop+home+pop up menu method and it did nothing. I don't want to list all the methods I attempted, but I tried them all.

the only method I was hoping to test out but never got a chance to, was to try to force a Factory Reset without being able to see what's on the screen lol.

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14 (1,367 Views)

I just realized I didn't actually answer your question, yes, before last week, the player was working perfectly. In May, this also happened, but a power cycle alleviated the problem and it returned to working properly.

Message 9 of 14 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Wicked626,

Welcome to the SONY Community!

Our apologies for the inconvenience that this may have caused.
Kindly check your community inbox. I will send a private message.

Regards,
-Jay

If my post answers your question, please click the button below "Accept as Solution".

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14 (1,159 Views)

It has been two days since I replied back to you, and still have not received a response.

My x800 was received at your return center yesterday morning.

Get Social

Share your ideas Watch YouTube Support Videos follow us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook