Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Rachelann
Accepted Solution

When will CINEMA NOW be available for Sony blue ray BDP-S3100/BX310? Says 'coming soon'.

When will CINEMA NOW  be available for Sony blue ray BDP-S3100/BX310?  Says 'coming soon'.  If not in near future is there a way to connect laptop thru TV via USB cord to view movies from this App?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: When will CINEMA NOW be available for Sony blue ray BDP-S3100/BX310? Says 'coming soon'.

[ Edited ]

Hi Rachelann,

This issue is being investigated by Sony. Both Sony and CinemaNow are researching these issues, but there is no time frame as to when a resolution will be available.

Yes, you can connect Laptop to TV and can view movies from Computer; however, USB connection will not work.

Refer the below knowledge article for the information about connecting TV to Computer for use as a Monitor:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42805/c/65%2C66/kw/42805

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Toddwrtr

Re: When will CINEMA NOW be available for Sony blue ray BDP-S3100/BX310? Says 'coming soon'.

[ Edited ]

We are now half-way thru July, and still no CinemaNow.

This is totally unacceptable, and Sony shouyld not have placed the CinemaNow logo on the box if it did not work.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Support for the Cinema Now Internet video service will be supported later this year. Apparently, there is no timeframe as to when the service will be available. 

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
RevB52

Funny. I bought one today and it clearly shows on the box it's capable of featuring CinemaNow. I bought the pre-release of "Star Trek: Into Darkness", which entitles me to a CinemaNow free play of the movie. I chose this Sony product because I foolishly thought they were honest in supporting me watching the movie today. A federal suit will be filed Tuesday. It's kinda nice being a corporate lawyer.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
butter403

Add me to your list if you need more victims.  I also bought the Star Trek DVD so I could watch it on my Sony Blu Ray.  Thanks for nothing Sony.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
jdr1984

I have a BDP-S390 model and can't get the full version of Star Trek to play either. I pre-urdered fron Best Buy in May & can only get the Bonus Content. No help from Cinema Now either. Thankfully I can watch it on VUDU.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
silverage

My Bravia has the CinemaNow app.   It is horrible!!   I loaded all my movie codes on, and NONE play!   I have contacted CinemaNow and they have told me that this is a known problem, and they have no idea when it will be fixed.    Sony has let us down!     They should allow us to have a Vudu app, like all other smart tv's do!

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Cat1234

I got this player for my husbands Bday he worked on trying to get cinema now turned on for 45 mins before I went on the Internet and seen these post. We ran right up to best buy and turned it back in and let them know there is no cinema now on this player. Thank you all for you post lucky for us we have Movies on cinema now so he tried to hook it up. Glad we found out before couldn't return it. So disappointed in Sony putting it on there box knowing it doesn't work from the people listed here it hasn't worked for more then 4 months they should of sent something to the stores to inform people. Very disappointed in Sony today.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Toddwrtr

It looks like CinemaNow will NEVER be available on Sony Blu-ray players, as newer packaging no longer includes the CinemaNow logo, and the icon was removed from the players in a recent firmware update.

Please use plain text.