Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
TsMkLg068426
Accepted Solution

Why no HBO Go or Cinemax Go yet?

I got BDP-780 blu ray player and I see no HBO Go or Cinemax Go added  or Epix HD why?  Why also Youtube not streaming in HD and Netflix no 1080p 5.1 surround sound or new Netflix UI?  I want caption for Netflix to turn on and off when avaiable.  Come on SONY get with the program.  Last firmware update was August of last year, what is going on?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
Jeevan

Re: Why no HBO Go or Cinemax Go yet?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The HBO GO app is only available from the Google Play store when using a Son TV or home video devices with Google TV like NSX40GT1, NSZGS7. The Blu-ray player model number BDPS780 is not compatible to stream videos from HBO GO video service. Unfortunately, Cinema Go service also not supported by the Blu-ray player S780.

Click on the below link to view the compatible video sevices.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?info_id=757&mdl=BDPS780

Let me know the Internet speed of the Internet connection.

The video resolution of a YouTube video cannot be manually selected. The resolution is determined automatically by the Internet video player.

The following things can be done in order to maximize the way the Internet video device will play back the video:

• Maximize your Internet video speed by turning off any other Internet device. Playing online games, playing online videos and downloading or uploading online content will affect the speed of the Internet connection.
  • Each YouTube video is unique in the way it was recorded, try a different version of the same video if possible.

• A minimum Internet connection speed of 2.5 Mbps or higher is required for standard-definition (SD) programming.
  • A minimum Internet connection speed of 10 Mbps or higher is required for high-definition (HD) programming.
  • Internet speed can be affected, if others in the home are using a computer to view movies, performing large downloads or play online games.

Refer the below link to turn of the subtitle/caption

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35444/c/65%2C66/kw/35444

Regards,

Jeevan

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
TsMkLg068426

I get 20 Mbps it least while watching Netflix but the link:
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1025898

for subtitles/caption I do not get menu to appear on my blu player for any movie even one that supposedly have options for audio or caption to be on or off. There is no option at all, all I ever get is if I want to share what I watching or playing on my Blu Ray. Okay, I just realized my blu ray player only gets to 720p with no options of surround and to have captions on or off.

Is their going to be a firmware update for this? Also am I understanding correctly that HBO GO or Cinemax GO is not going available at all on my blu ray because Sony can not make it work? That does not make sense if I can play Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Crackle and Popcorn Flix.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
TsMkLg068426

Seesh and now Blu Ray was giving me network issues with Netflix had no problem with watching Amazon Prime, had to reset my blu ray and wireless to make work, seriously getting tired with the problems Netflix has with connections.
Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

This Player doesn't support Subtitles, Alternate Audio, 5.1 Surround Sound for Netflix videos. We do not have access to information regarding future updates.

Availability of Internet video channels will depends on various factors i.e., location, type of the device being used etc. However, services are modified automatically over time as programming changes allow.

Are you getting any error message while trying to access Netflix?

Provide us more details regarding network issue with Netflix application.

Please use plain text.