Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Mandy
Accepted Solution

Youtube wont allow me to sign in on my blu ray player

as of yesterday, I cannot sign into YouTube on my Sony Blu-ray player (model number is unknown, but we own 2 different kinds, and NEITHER WORK) There was not an update or anything that caused this, it was just suddenly, it signed me off, and when I tried to log in, it said my password was incorrect. I tried EVERYTHING the internet says to do: Set up a 2 step identification, turn OFF 2 step, change my password, link to google+, UNLINK, get an application specific password. Change my email. I tried ALL of these things. I would officially like to submit a bug report. Please fix this issue, or I will never purchase sony for blu ray again. I will go with Samsung or another brand. Thank you. Requesting reply email asap AQCMANDY@LIVE.COM

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Re: Youtube wont allow me to sign in on my blu ray player

Hi Mandy,

As part of the normal operation of the YouTube service, you cannot log in to a YouTube account on an Internet video device unless the account has the Username and Channel setup settings have been completed using a computer. This might be a reason for the issue. Try the steps mentioned and check if it works.

1. Using a computer, go to the YouTube website.
  2. Click on Upload .
  3. Sign in to your YouTube account using your Gmail™ Email or YouTube User name and Password .
  4. Follow the steps to set up a YouTube Username and Channel.
  5. Click on Next .

After following the steps above, attempt to log on to the YouTube account using the Internet video device.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution".

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
MetalAZ

I have the same problem as Mandy. I've been signed in for about a year now and had been using YouTube on it pretty frequently but today it said login failed when I opened it. I put my email and password in but it's not accepting it. I know both are right and I did try my username instead of email address.

As for your instructions, I'm already using the channel for uploading. I went through the steps any way. Still won't let me login.

My player is BDP-S590
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
vickiveil

yes, this is my case too - I've been a YT member for 2 years and I have used my bluray to watch YT for almost all of those two years. this happened to me last week then all of a sudden, I was able to log in again. I wish I knew how to fix this ...

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ErikV

Hi Everyone,

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and they are working on a resolution. Unfortunately, we do not have the ETA and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
cgaiii

I wonder id there is any solution to this problem. I find that when I search for Youtube videos through my BDP-N460, I can do the search and get results, but when I try to play the video, it does not load. All other Internet/Network/Video functions are working fine. The only problem is with Youtube.
I had a chat with support. They ran me through resetting my device, resetting my router, etc., but this has no effect. It appears that the problem is a Sony network problem like the login problem described here.
Any updates on being able to use Youtube again?
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
mnhmw

Have been having same problem and researching for a while. The solution is to disconnect YouTube from Google+. Just go to your YouTube account on a computer and click the drop down menu in upper right hand corner then click on settings. On the next page make sure overview is highlighted, then click on the link to disconnect YouTube from Google+.

After doing this both my Sony Blu ray players could sign in autoatically to YouTube.

Please use plain text.