Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Tuning Up
Manny
Accepted Solution

close caption or subtitles from NETFLIX

I have a blu ray/dvd receiver Sony model HDBE370 connected through HDMI to a Sony Bravia TV. The problem is that when I go to netflix the TV don't display the close caption or subtitles from the film. I have seen the same picture in my computer or x-box and then I can get subtitles and cc. I have tryyied unsuccessfully to find the suitable setting in the receiver and/or tv.

Could somebody help me on this??? thanks in advance

Manny

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ShaunH

Re: close caption or subtitles from NETFLIX

Hello Manny,
Welcome to the Sony Community.

Refer to the following link for instruction regarding how to display the subtitles when watching Netflix streaming video.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C1025898

If the subtitles for a particular movie do not display even after performing the steps mentioned in the above link, it may be possible that the subtitle data is not in a format supported by your BD player. Sony BIV devices support subtitles in the video overlay format. If the subtitles for the movie were uploaded by Netflix in any other format like LINE 21 broadcast format, then the subtitle will not display while playing the movie in the BIV device.

Thank you for your post.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
CJordan

How do I get Voice Captions to work with my BluRay S570 and netflix online

How do I get Voice Captions to work with my BluRay S570 and Netflix online?

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
CharlieV

Re: How do I get Voice Captions to work with my BluRay S570 and netflix online

Hi Charles,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I merged your post to this existing topic that I found by using the search function athe the top right corner of our board.

Regards,

Charlie

Please use plain text.