Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
billevans48
Accepted Solution

connection problems

i can not get the blu-ray to connect to the wirless internet.  It sees the router but wont connect.  typed in the key several times but still failed

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
DEWer

Re: connection problems

Mine won't connect to the network and won't accept manual set up. Makes it pretty worthless
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
luiseileen

Yep! Having the same issue.  Player did connect (briefly) after intial setup.  It then froze ao I had to reboot the system and the nothing.

Wireless Connection: OK

Internet Access: Failed

When trying to do a "Network Update" I get the following error:

"Gateway not responding.

Check the following items.

- The power is on for the router and devices between this unit and the router."

I've tried everything (rebooting router, resetting BD player, etc...) and still nothing.  Help please! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
ColbyP

Make sure that the security key passphrase is entered correctly.

• Security keys or passphrases for wireless network are case sensitive.
  • You can use a computer to verify the security key.
  • If the security key or passphrase cannot be checked using available tools, refer to your ISP for further assistance.

Connect the Player to the Router by using an Ethernet cable and try updating the Firmware. As the wireless signals are fluctuating in nature, the Firmware update may fail.

Also, you can download and install the latest Firmware update for the Blu-ray Player.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Did you reset the BD Player by following the below mentioned steps?

Press HOME button on remote>select Setup (brief case icon)>select Resetting>select Reset to Factory Default Settings.

NOTE: It is required to perform the above steps for 3 times for a full reset to occur.

Make sure that the Internet speed meets the minimum recommended specification of 2.5Mb for standard definition (SD) content and 10Mb for High Definition (HD) content.

Make sure an IP address is shown. If the IP address flashes or starts with 169, the product has obtained an incorrect IP address. In this case, manually set an IP address.

If the issue still persists, manually change the Primary DNS Server option to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.8.4 in the Network Settings menu of the Blu-ray Player.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
luiseileen

Updating the BD player (through a CD) to the current firmware fixed the connection problem. THANK YOU!!!
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
perob

Didn't work for me.  I updated firmware, reset to factory settings 3X, manually changed the ip adress to exactly the adress my router is exceptingthe  bluray player on and still no internet connection.  Phones, computer, PS3 and IPad are all working fine on Network.  I bought this bluray to avoid having to hard wire it.  If I have to do that I'm taking it back to the store and saving $30 because it has built in wireless. 

It shows it is connect to the network but it is the only device in the house that will not connect to the internet once it is connected to the network.  I'm at a loss.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Skyeye

I cannot establish a wired connection with my BDPS6200, I have a wireless connection but prefer the speed of wired.

Please use plain text.
JeanTory

Hi perob and Skyeye! Are you getting an error message whenever you setup internet connection of your Sony Blu-Ray Player?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Skyeye

As I said, wireless is OK but I want to use wired. The error message I get is connection OK internet failed.

Please use plain text.
JeanTory

Hi Skyeye! Thank you for your quick response! You may follow the steps on this article http://bit.ly/1xPeNP1 to troubleshoot the issue.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.