Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

DWT Groovin'
Groovin'
DWT
Accepted Solution

how do I enter my email address and password on the netflix login page using my BDP-S5100 remote?

I have been trying to set up netflix access with my BDP-S5100 Blu Ray player.  I have followed all of the steps outlined in the "Netflix Setup & FAQ" document ( http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=526&template_id=1 ).  My player presents Senario 1 as outlined in step 3-F and then displays a box to enter my email address and password.  Unfortunately I have not been able to determine how to enter alphabetic characters on the remote control.  Please advise.

Please use plain text.
AngelaP

Re: how do I enter my email address and password on the netflix login page using my BDP-S5100 remote

You have to press the enter or the select button (the button in between the four arrow buttons) on the supplied remote to enter your log in information to sign in to your netflix account then an on-screen keypad will appear on the TV screen. You may refer to this link for further assistance.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
dreese

Re: how do I enter my email address and password on the netflix login page using my BDP-S5100 remote

It worked!  Finally!!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  It seems simple enough after the fact.  I do not have this model, I have the BDP-S590 and it worked anyway.  Why was it this ****** hard to find a way to input characters, for god's sake??

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Bartolo

This thread is the first place I have seen ANY mention of how to get an on-screen keyboard by pressing a button on the remote. It sure would have been handy to know when I was setting up Netflix on our new S1100 Blu-ray player! With our previous Sony Blu-ray player, the first time I went to Netflix on the player's menu, it displayed a code number. I needed to log in to my Netflix account on the computer and enter this code number to activate the player. This is still the procedure Netflix has on their website to activate a player. However, on the S1100, no code number was displayed - the only option was to enter the Netflix login and password directly on the screen. With no knowledge of this "secret" function on the remote, I unplugged my USB keyboard from the computer and plugged it in to the USB port on the front of the Blu-ray player. That worked perfectly.

Please use plain text.